FLIP Fluid 'slipping' on surface

Hi, I’m back again. :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry this is so long.

Now I have a FLIP Fluid simulation that I’m relatively happy with interacting with an object. The fluid is landing on a slow-moving object, and sticking to it. Everything works fine, but seemingly no matter what I do, after a certain point, the fluid that’s already stuck to the object seems to ‘slide’ around for a bit as the object continues to move. Then it sort of starts sticking to the object again.

I’ve tried increasing the substeps, moving the object slower, increasing the resolution. I’ve messed with just about every setting in FLIP Fluids just trying to get it to react differently, but it’s the same thing every time at the same period in the simulation.

I’ve got my viscosity bumped up to a level I like, and I’m using sheeting effects. I’ve tried using surface tension, but it just messes everything up. The fluid either sort of ‘blows apart’, or starts shrinking away, or slides all over the place on the surface of the object. I have friction set at 1.00, but even that doesn’t hold it place during this certain period in the animation.

Is there any way to keep the fluid the same, but maybe make it stick to the surface of the object a little more or something? The friction of 1.00 just doesn’t seem to be enough.

Using a ‘regular’ Fluid sim seems to maybe be an answer because it handles viscosity and stickiness differently, but I really don’t want to have to recreate this entire simulation. It was really difficult for me.

Thanks in advance for any help.