Floating Windows

Do you think this addon can support other addons windows such as: Hard Ops ?

what kind of windows ?

This kind of windows

1 Like

http://djv.sourceforge.net

let me try

Yup it works, you will need to do an empty 3D view with to header, no overlay, possibly no object and just the hard ops menu in it and then make it float.

It is any reason that shortcut for Custom Floating Windows slots dont work in 3d view?

Would it be possible to add some information (icons) in floating windows that would show whether it is Floating or not?

Maybe change name floating to On top or something :slight_smile:

Great addon btw!

Hello pinhead

Seems like a bug, could you explain the situation ?

It is already, green = floating, red = not floating :slight_smile:

Maybe you are talking about the the exe ?

When i press (my shortcut is ctrl+w) over 3d view nothin happend.
When i press over for example outliner or properties menu is showing up.

You mean green or red icon on the floating window?

It is possible in task bar to show name of the floating windows?

2 Likes

Indeed ON OFF on the windows tittle could be a good idea, I could implement this for a v2, need to do a lot of R&D.

For the issue I think it’s keymap related, do you know how to manually create a shortcut ? Do you want me to show you ? :slight_smile:

My fault. I have the same hotkey assign to 2 different functions. Now is ok. Thanks!

When i run pie menu inside floating window half of pie is hidden:

Ok cool to know it was just a hotkey problem.

Yes it’s the cons of pie menu, that’s why I propose also regular menus.

You can lower the radius of a pie in the interface option in the pref editor if you really want to use pies.

Ok thanks for info.

Another thing.
I have two monitors.
On first i have Blender. From Floaters Popup menu i choose Shader editor end move this float window on second monitor in full screen mode (double click on title bar)

When i switch top tabs in blender from for example Layout to another one (no matter) on second monitor shader editor window is changing to 3d view. When i back to Layout view on second monitor Floating window is back to shader editor.
It would be great that floating windows stay in their modes every time.

I agree with you, unfortunately this is one of the drawbacks of the floating windows addon.
You can read about it in the manual

It is how blender handle it’s windows. I cannot fix it :frowning:

It’s a pity, but i can life with that.

i will try to find a solution to this problem tho. I just need time, in a month or two i’ll have more time for v2 developpement

If You find a solution it will be awesome. But no pressure!

I dont know it is important but every time when i start blender in console i have this errors:

https://pastebin.com/JitGNNu7

I know, someone already enlight this. Unfortunately i cannot solve this because of an api bug that need to be resolved by the devs.

It’s harmless tho.

There’s also an option on Windows to put every windows of the same program in the same window taskbar tab.