Floor Generator - Geometry Node

Hi there! Check out this FloorGenerator for Blender 3.5. It is a geometry node that allows you to create a flooring/tiles in a minute. It is also possible to use MultiTexture material which supports up to 8 textures of boards. Besides that it is possible to use a seamless texture material.
Review video:

Get it here:
https://freckleone.gumroad.com/l/floor-generator-blender

This FloorGenerator works very similar to the CG-source floor generator for 3ds max. So far it only supports standard floor pattern, but i am working on other types as well.
Please let me know your thoughts. What do you think would be important and useful to add?

10 Likes

So, where is this great floor generator available?

finally someone did. Will there be a special discount for the first release?

For Archviz this is perfect, great work!!

1 Like

Well, would you want a special discount for your first paycheck?

2 Likes

Can it also be added to other types of hardwood flooring?
Like:

Other other ideas:

• Since the edges of the floor area are clear, it may not be very difficult to add on the skirting. (Something needs to be considered for doors and tall windows)
  • It would be a nice touch to give beveled flooring a separate color for the bevel area. (There was such an option in the Bevel modifer, but bringing it to the addon interface will make things easier.)
  • If it could be made as an addon it would be nice to convert the selected area directly to floor.
3 Likes

Awesome, thank you for creating this tool, very needed indeed.
I’m considering buying it, specially because I have to do a lot of terrace deck, and it is a real pain to model by hand.

I noticed you can create walls as well by creating a new plane rotating it 90 degrees. What if you extrude the edge of the floor, the wall will be created like if it’s a separate object?
Hope it makes sense :slight_smile:

Cheers

1 Like

Hi, thanks!
If you extrude the edge up it will be projected back onto the surface. So it wouldn’t work that way.
You should only rotate surface in Object mode, not in Edit mode.

Hi, thank you for your ideas.

1. I will work on other patterns as well, so subscribe to get updates :slight_smile:
  2. It is very often that you create one flooring for the whole apartment and it doesn’t always follow the perimeter of the room, so I am not sure that the baseboard should be part of the floor generator. But I will consider it :slight_smile:
  3. Bevel color - didn’t have that in mind, will consider to add, thanks!
  4. About addons - I am personally tired of importing an addon for every single feature or useful thing. So if there is a possibility to add it to the Asset Browser instead - I would do that. Let me know if it’s not only me :smiley:
2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. Just an idea, what big you align one axis of the boards to the normal of the face, it wouldn’t work?

For me that is the most important feature that I would like to see implemented if possible.
In my case I have up to 6 women decks per project so having a single object solution it would be perfect.

Hi everyone!
Here is the main link to the Floor Generator. All the updates and new patterns will be released on this product page. Check out new features added.

3 Likes

Does it work with normal maps? The multi texture?

Yes, it is possible to use mutitexture node for every input of the shader and connect up to 16 textures. Just make sure every normal texture is connected to the same socket number as corresponding color or roughness texture.
You can check it out in the user manual Step 7:

Hello, it is possible to add support for the mapping on the sides of the boards?
As you can see, on this picture the mapping is all wrong in the sides:

1 Like

Good spot! There are indeed some cases where it would be useful. It is possible. I will work on that and will let you know when it’s ready.

4 Likes

Done!
With the updates from 27.04.2024 Floor Generator 2.0 gets UV Mapping of boards Sides and Bevel fixed. Files are online.

6 Likes

Thank you!

Comparing the old one with the latest update… Day and night difference :star_struck:

2 Likes