Florence Cathedral 3D environment

This is a recreation of the Florence Cathedral also called “Duomo” or “Santa Maria Del Fiore” made entirely in 3D and tested in the new Unreal Engine 5.0 Ealy Access using the newest technology of Nanite and Lumen, created entirely in blender.

The whole scene contains 250+ individual assets and makes up 900+ total objects in the scene, both exterior and interior parts.

59 Likes

Great work, :+1:
congrats.

1 Like

Uh this is massive work. Look very nice. Can you give some tech info, polycount, amount of textures… spec of computer which run this in real time. I’m just curious.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your words! So, as for the technical aspects, with the instances objects the whole project only has around 3-4 million polygons hugely decreases from the modularity and the faked detailed with the textures, I have around 30 individual materials mostly for the interior, because the exterior part only has like 10 sets of textures carefully placed to bump up the detail and colour, for example, the whole exterior was mainly done with only 3 materials placed in each piece, a colour one, a detail one and a brick one, and that’s all it took, I prefer to use real time for its usage and fast pace among lighting ideas without having to wait for hours for one single render, I hope it was helpful for you!

3 Likes

The Duomo is a masterpiece and it is wonderful to see it without tourists in 3d! Great work!
Just for curiosity as I am working on a smaller baptistery in my freetime (and I am a bloody beginner). Can you give an estimate, how much time it took you?

1 Like

Amazing. Really very impressive. One to be proud of!!

1 Like

That’s a lot for your comment, if you want to make it this big and this detailed… Well it took me 3 months or so to complete it fully.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Wonderful work! Really like the ligthing :slight_smile:

1 Like

WoW, Great job.

1 Like

Great! I assume it was rendered in Cycles?