Flower Shop - Nodevember 2021

Timelapse:

I bundled a handful of prompts together for this one so I am covering 6-sided (with the floor), round (with the spiral staircase), Red (with the flower), and Green (with the foliage).
Partly this was just a fun experiment to see how far I could push Geo Nodes in its current state but also an excuse for me to test out a bunch of different methods at making systems that generate lots of things in parallel.

I know there’s some proposal for loop nodes but right now, all we can do is use the instancing system and some maths to process lots of data in parallel. I was getting pretty close to something but it definitely needs more work.

I was leaning on my toolkit add-on a lot (a bunch of premade group nodes) and otherwise it’s just 100% good ol’ fashioned noodling.

For anyone interested the Flower Shop node tree has 4127 nodes including group contents and it performs terribly :smiley:

Feel free to grab the file here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/flower-shop-file-58674994

Unfortunately you won’t be able to zoom out far enough so here is the full tree as well:

And a couple of extras:

70 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Really excellent!

1 Like

Thanks so much!

That’s just mindblowing!

2 Likes

Thanks Bart :smiley:

1 Like

youre a fucking wizard dude this is some crazy stuff

1 Like

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Ummm, What to say…
Absolutely Amazing to see what you have done with Geo Nodes!
You have opened my eyes and I cant wait to start to explore for myself!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing knowledge :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brilliant!! :star_struck:

1 Like

Jesus - i could spend half of my lifetime and i would not come any close to this. So amazing to watch.

If this is the future of modelling and rendering in Blender i will never master this :slight_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks so much! It means a lot to see it there!