Fluid never still

I’m rendering a coffee cup with coffee in it, but the liquid is never still, it always has lumps in it and is always slightly moving. I just want the same effect as “http://download.blender.org/demo/movies/2.42/fluid2_mancandy.mpg” since i’m gonna be dropping sugar cubes into the coffee. I just want it to be completely still from the start. Can anyone give me some ideas?

I’d try increasing start time, but you better check with mpan3 ( the fluid sim king) because I’m still sort of stupid when it comes to fluid sim:)
I think the start time means that that time is when it starts showing the fluid( like having a river already flowing instead of being created) so, have your fluid fit “snug” but not intersecting the coffee cup (which should be an obsticle) and have a tiny bit of -z pull to have the least amount of splash in the first place then, if you set the start time high enough, it will be like the coffee has already been poured and is now settle

1 Like

Hmm, never thought of that, what if I put the fluid at Zero g’s hmm. I’ll try that :smiley:

a la Jeepster: try introducing your fluid from a tube shaped object that starts inside your coffee cup; that way there is minimal splash/slosh at the start. If you don’t add turbulence through motion, it should get still pretty quickly.

lumps? check viscosity settings and esp. granularity/fineness of your mesh; increaseing gets ripples and less lumpy. also concur with Jeepster in that you can jump ahead after baking the sim, and start with sim frame 300 as video frame 1.

Well I tried changing the start time from 0.00 to 1.00 and the ending from 0.30 to 1.30 but blender froze… :mad: I’m just gonna work on the rest of the scene atm, so I’ll just leave the liquid problem for last.

System Specs:
Video: ATI Radeon 9250 128MB Ram
Memory: 1.2Gb RAM
CPU: AMD Sempron 3200+ 1.8GHz