Fluid parametric architectural pavilion

Hi Everyone! I’ve been using Blender for quite a while and am starting to release more courses related to architectural design. Here is an image of a recent project I made specifically for a course.

Check out this video for the process:

A little bit more about me and my Blender workflows. I am an architect and Blender is an essential tool for architectural design. This capacity within Blender is not widely spread out yet, since most people associate Blender with archviz within architecture. I did my masters at a programme where Maya was taught for architectural design, and I applied that knowledge to Blender. Professionally I work mostly on concept design stages in architecture, and I use Blender constantly. It is the perfect tool for the job as it has a great and well established toolset for polygonal modelling (equal or better than Maya), and then there is the inherent parametricism through modifiers and now with geometry nodes. This is similar, yet much faster than Grasshopper in Rhino, which is one of the most popular software tools for architects.

There is a course available to learn how to do this. Check out the course info to learn more

60 Likes

You got me on the first seven words:

Make an eight sided circle and detail…

Yeah that’s the way it goes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

1 Like

Hehe, yes it’s hard to explain that Blender’s circle tool is actually a polygon tool, espcially in a 1.5 min video :wink:

1 Like

Great work!!

1 Like

Thanks you!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Bart!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

That’s great. Thank you!

Incredible pics (as usual :wink: ) nice work !

1 Like

Nice work :sunglasses:

1 Like

Amazing to see you work, I love seeing buildings with interiors it’s absolutely stunning! Your workflow is immaculate, the final product is stunning, your backstory knowing you’re an architect and you USE Blender to make this is really cool! This whole post is amazing, thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you Stephen! Much appreciated!

Thanks!

Cheers! Yes, again Blender has a lot of untapped potential for architectural design beyond visualisations.

getting Calatrava vibes. Well done!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Appreciated!

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #exteriorarchitecture category! You can vote for it here.