Fluid Shiny Metal Animation (With .blend file)

its another one of those wierd lookin’ things :stuck_out_tongue:

comments / guesses to how I made it appreciated :slight_smile:

Edit : (and if you don’t feel like guessing , you can always take a look at the blend file)

Attachments

The majority of your videos are “surreal” and I appreciate your work. This another one of Fluid Shiny Metal is a cool work. I like your creations and I need to give to you just a little sujestion about curves of the animations… I think that the animations could be refined using the ipo curves editor… sometimes the camera is aggressive and change to calm without transition time… but this does not take off the beauty of your work… its just a small sujestion. I like it very much!

the camera doesn’t move in this one, but yeah, the IPOs of it are slow, then fast! then slow again… just my style :slight_smile:

now, in this one, I see your point: http://vimeo.com/1742646
… if it makes you feel better, I’ll experiment with “smoothing” out the ipo curves on my next animation . :slight_smile:
thanks for the comment!

that was a strangely soothing video. nicely done.

beautiful. I like all of your work. Care to share how you created it? I really don’t have a clue.

thanks for the comments :slight_smile:

Care to share how you created it? I really don’t have a clue.

okay!
Here’s the Fluid Shiny Metal blend file (attatched)
I used a animated a few displacement modifier stacks (seems like no one uses those )
and a few textures, along with some ray tracing
have fun with the blend :smiley:

Attachments

fluidyshinymetal.blend (239 KB)

Like all animation, the production processes of storyboarding, voice acting, character design, cel production and so on still apply. With improvements in computer technology, computer animation increased the efficiency of the whole production process. Anime is often considered a form of limited animation. That means that stylistically, even in bigger productions the conventions of limited animation are used to fool the eye into thinking there is more movement than there is.[2] Many of the techniques used a comprised with cost-cutting measures while working under a set budget.

Looks like I may have to tear this one apart.

Looks like a great way to (attempt to) animate water. I’ll definitely look into this, and great animation btw.

Now that I see how you did that, I am amazed. This may come in handy in the future.

Fantastic method. I like the material too.