Fluid Simulation through pipes

Hi Picto,

Thank you for your suggestion. Could you kindly provide me the .blend file of the above file. Also, on a second thought, is there any way to create this water flow simulation using still images(2D Animation) in blender?

Sorry, I didnā€™t save the scene. It was just a test.
Iā€™ll do another one this evening (or tomorrow).

Is there any way to animate this waterflow using 2D animation in blender?

If youā€™re not free to use a blender, take a look at various Addons as well.

Water-related Addon

A link is included in the video description.

Water Toon Animated Texture

A market where you can search for all Addons

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by 2d animation.
There are methods other than simulation to illustrate the flow in these tubes, but I wouldnā€™t be able to help you set them up (beyond modelling and simple simulations, Iā€™m not competent).

Something like that for example:

1 Like

As discussed earlier, I have increased the thickness of the hollow tube to an significant extent. But the result remains the same. I guess the issue is with the mesh of the pipe. You see, when I select the effectors for defining the collision, although I click on the hollow portion of the tube, the whole tube is selected. from this it is evident that the blender treats the solid portion and the hollow portions as one. I think this is why the fluid is getting splashed.

Can we eradicate this issue if we model the tube alone in blender or do you guys have any idea to resolve this issue which I am currently facing?

I canā€™t give you any better advice than that:

1 Like

You may try to only render the fluid simulation particles.
That can be a nice effect and itā€™s faster to calculate.

flow-sim.blend (1.3 MB)

1 Like

You might also consider seperating each tube and implementing the affect modifier seperately.

I could see that you have attached particles modifier along with the fluid modifier. I wonder how you defined the colliders like that. Could you explain how you achieved this and how this can be implemented in my 3D model?

Blender creates the Particle System automatically with the fluid simulation (when you define an object as a domain).
To calculate only these particles (and not the mesh), use the type Modular and only Bake Data:

Hereā€™s a video that clearly shows the basic settings of a simulation:

Another for particle rendering:

Hi picto,

Thanks for your suggestion. But since this animation involves representation of the process. The flow of fluid inside the tubes will be a better way to represent this simulation. I even tried creating an hollow tube in blender and then applied effector. When I bake the simulation, a flow was seen inside the tube. But in this case I only had on tube and I had placed the inflow object above the tube.

Is there any other methods or ways to achieve the effect which I intend to?

You could try to add a joined group of objects for Inflow, each in the opening of the tubes, and add the fluid simulation to thatā€¦

As an example place a scaled Icosphere in the opening of each tube, Join them all as 1 object, and add your simulation to that group and emmit by facesā€¦

Just to be clear: Iā€™m not telling you to only show the particles (that wouldnā€™t make any sense). Obviously, the device would have to be visible when rendered (partially cut, transparentā€¦ itā€™s up to you).