focused guided learning

Hi,

I’m a new user just starting to scratch the surface of Blender and 3D graphics in general. I was wondering if anyone would be able to point me towards a source of focused guided learning for Blender. I’ve purchased the Essential Guide for Blender and found it very helpful, but I still feel like I’m just going through random tutorial after another without any cohesiveness. I would say that my learning and understanding has lots of holes in it. I’d like a way to put all of it together.

Does anyone have any advice?

I live in South Carolina, USA, so, unfortunately I can’t fly to Amsterdam.

Thanks,

climbingair

Well, welcome to the world of the 3D hobbyist. The world have just entered is very large, and has no road map. That’s the bad news. The good news is it can be a lot of fun just to wander around! There is plenty to see and do. You sure won’t be bored!

However, if you want to get to somewhere in your new world, you don’t need a map: you need a plan.

The 3D world in general, and Blender in specific, is quite large. Blender does more than most commercial apps, so saying “I want to learn all about Blender” is a little like saying “I want to learn all about China” – it’s a big place.

What are your interests? Modeling? Animating? Do you want to render still images? Are you interested in making your own short animation? Do you want to mix live action with animation?

What do you want to do? Where do you want to go?

If you can let us know where your interests lie, we could probably give you better advice…

the Venoms Lab DVD is a great source of usefull tutorials. If you are looking for highclass tutorials instead of random cheesy ones :wink:

I don’t know if it’s what you’re looking for, but I am an instructor at www.mavenseed.com . We offer personal, one-on-one blender training. Check it out if you’re interested!

If that’s not that path you’re looking for we also have a large number of blender tutorials at www.cgcookie.com along with our upcoming, complete blender 2.5 training at blender.cgcookie.com

Best of luck!

-Jonathan