Follow Active Quads options menu is missing

Hi guys!
I am very excited to become a part of this community :wave:

Please help me understand how Follow Active Quads works

When I selecting a face, and then choose «Follow Active Quads» Blender don’t showing the options menu where early I could select Even, Length, Average Length options.

Has anyone encountered this?

Welcome :tada:

you may tell something about the blender version, on what kind of model this worked before, what you may have changed or does it appear ina new file with maybe more than the default cube… maybe Suzanne ?? (Maybe spend some little time or fullfill the discobot tutorial to be able show a screenshot… which could be doen in blender)

or in short : no, it works for me (linux, blender up to 3.3.1).

usually you select mutliple faces for this so the unwrapping follows those faces while unwrapping making them somekind of more connected…

1 Like

Thank you for fast reply Okidoki!

My apologize to give not enough data about my case, Just tried to work and to study at the same time
((like many people I guess) :sweet_smile:

My Blender version is 3.3.1
And It works well literally at the past weekend!

To describe my case much better I recorded 2 gifs:

1. How it should work → In right down corner we see Options menu after click “Follow Active Quads”

2. How it works now → Options menu is missing
    Follow Active Quads (Reality)

I hope it will help us to get more clearly! :slightly_smiling_face:

You don’t see those options in the UV editor, you see them in the 3D viewport. If you Follow Active Quads in the viewport, you’ll see em. You can try pressing F9, which might bring up those options in the UV Editor

2 Likes

Maybe this is also because you are using this with the UV Squares addon… which made this posible in the UV editor ??
(which i believe i used also for some time but forget about it because of any other UV extra addon :thinking: )

2 Likes