FOLLOW PATH START TIME?

If you create a path for your camera to follow, I notice it animates the first 100 or so frames. What if you have an event in your animation which takes place during, say frame 200. How can I get the motion path to begin at that point in the animation opposed to just in the firs 1-100 frames? Is it simple to correct this so I can start the motion path any where in my animation?

CREATE A TIME IPO OBJECT [THAT IS FOLLOWING THE PATH], WHICH YOU CAN USE EVEN TO CHANGE THE RATE AT WHICH THE OBJECT FOLLOWS THE PATH

[all caps because of your subject]

For clarification,

You can edit this in the IPO window. I know, it sounds scary. It’s not. Select your path, then, in a seperate window, change to the IPO editor.

At the bottom where it likely says object, click it and change it to path. Now you should see a light blue curve. This is the speed IPO. The curve goes from 0 to 1 on the Y axis signifying how far through the path it is from 0 to 100%. The numbers along the bottom are the frames.

Stretch the curve to go from 0 on the y axis on the frame where you want the action to start to 1 on the y axis on the frame you want it to end. You can change the handles to vetors by selecting them and pushing v (eliminateing the acceleration and deceleration.)

HOPE THIS SOLVES THE PROBLEM.
:wink:

Or use TimeOffset in the Anim Settings tab in F7.

%<