for those who already have a branch in blender

hi all
i’m trying to start a new branch for blender, i wonder what do i have to do exactly to participate, and please don’t give me common knowledge.:spin:

i’m in my design stage right now, and if you have any suggests before the process of coding then thanks :slight_smile:

i should metion i don’t know blender source code:o, i know python, c++, perl, java, and VB :eek:

any help will be appreciated, and for those who say “why don’t you do it on blender org” i say i tried to enter the site and its not loading into my 3 browsers, fire, IE, and etc whatever :frowning:

NOTE: I’m not a developer and I don’t have a branch, but I can show you the right direction to take

You have to ask for a new branch from the devs. first.

The best thing to do is ask for a new branch with a proposal on what you plan on developing in this mailing list (you have to register first)
http://lists.blender.org/mailman/listinfo/bf-committers

If you prove to be able to go through with the project then they might give you commit rights to your own branch.

Meh, branches…

I just manage a stack of patches with quilt and every great once in a while when I manage to get one pushed to trunk I just do a ‘quilt delete patch’ and call it a day.

Oh, and do a ‘quilt pop -a’ to have a clean tree when I svn up and then pop them back individually so I can fix any occasional merge conflicts that arise.

Quilt’s the dog’s bollocks…

----edit----

Almost forgot, why don’t you do it on blender org?

thanks guys that helped, but more >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and blender .org actually did open later, and i didn’t post it on it. :slight_smile:

ok i going to submit this to blender .org, i may have some answers

Thank for Dragon’s answer.

Hi,

new from Brisbane and here everyone seems expert, I am new and trying to design quilt covers. Actually trying to introduce my own designs. I worked in bed linen field for more than 10 years and currently working for Kas brand clicknbuyaustralia.com/brand/kas-australia and I just came to blender through Google. The team of expert is here and do you think that I can understand blender in 2 months. My age is 45.