Ford Bronco 3

Hi. Finally, I managed to finish another car. Ford Bronco 3rd gen. This version was produced in 1980-1986, you can read more about this vehicle here Wikipedia. The vegetation used in the project comes from “The Plant Library”. I hope you like it :slight_smile:

Regards.
Marcin Demendecki

thumbnail

94 Likes

Congratulations! Amazing attention to details, top notch :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Fantastic work!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Besides the brilliant modelling and shading, I think the colour grading adds a lot to the composition.

This colour grading also gives context to the shots: as if we were seeing the car at the time it was produced and not a well preserved car from then, today. I hope I made sense. Anyway, that’s what I felt looking at the shots.

Again, great job!

2 Likes

This is exactly the effect I wanted to get. Thanks for noticing it :slight_smile:

Awesome work! I really like the attention to detail and the texturing!

1 Like

Impressive work, the final renders look great!

Also, Canyonero!

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

For those interiors, what’s your reference material? Are you working off of dimensioned drawings, photos, do you have an actual car you’re measuring out, or are you just that good at estimation and eyeballing?

Just curious because my achilles heel (along with a lot of people’s, I know) is keeping measurement and proportion right and not having things coming out looking horsey or oddly wrong, so I tend to spend more time measuring than modeling. Given all the fiddly little bits to put together on that interior and everything looking all to fit by my eye, I’m curious what you’re working off of.

Anyhow, absolutely loving it. I can practically feel that blocky '80s vinyl wrapping around me as I look it over. Your dust-and-scratch skills leave me awed and envious, as well (that’s on my to-do list to dive into, still-- my models still haven’t left the clean-room).

1 Like

I’ve seen this car once or twice in my life, many years ago :wink: For the previous vw model, I used sized blueprints bought from this site the-blueprints.com, but their accuracy was not the best for this model at least. For the Bronco I used free blueprints and the dimensions of the car were taken from Wikipedia. At the beginning of modeling Fiat or VW Scirocco, I was browsing the internet looking for all dimensions, which was why I wasted a lot of time. Currently, I am trying to model by eye, making a simple model of cubes and checking the compatibility with the photos.

Screenshot from pure ref

When it comes to dust and scratches, I’m still experimenting and personally I think I still have a long way to go :wink:

6 Likes

Great work , I love the lighting

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

As they always say:
Use references and then references and some other references for reference… :wink:

:+1:

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you Bartv, have a great weekend too :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! Looks awesome !

1 Like

Love those Plates… perfect match for Texas in the 80’s.

1 Like