Forest Demon

Character model I made to get started in Zbrush. Personal tip: if you want to get started with anything, probably do not make the whole character asymmetrical :smiley: I did not want the roots to be the same on both sides of the body, but it prolonged the whole creation process quite a lot

Half way through sculpting I could feel how it was taking a lot of time - basically with everything, sculpting, retopo, texture painting, etc, but I think it was worth it. Also I would say I still prefer Blender for sculpting, but Zbrush is a nice thing to push those details forward.

I made a skin model so I could rig everything attached to the model, it worked alright but after experimenting with it I would already have a different approach for it. Overall just a good experience

And this is my scene

Also an opportunity to make my first test in Blender’s EEVEE (only for the turntable), I still have to work better with the lightning but I believe it has potential for future projects. Yet I still prefer Cycles for final rendering of images.

https://vimeo.com/332657357

37 Likes

nice work !!!

1 Like

Top row material right here.

2 Likes

Wow, nicely done!

I featured on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

I am Groot.

Awesome! Thanks so much Bart :blush: