Forgotten bones

Last artwork i did for 2020… using assets from my unfinished animated project i would like to get back to in the future… inspired by Lotr and souls franchise… I wanted to recreate that dark fantasy feel…

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lxalAJ

69 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :astonished: :orange_heart:

Dark Souls, Amazing Mood :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Maaann!!! incredible work!! Awesome!! ^^

1 Like

very nice! superb work all around :fire:

1 Like

Thank you all! means a lot! :relaxed:

Great work! Bigtime Dark Souls vibes

1 Like

I appreciate the fact that, even though barely at all visible(technically), the other skeletal structure is in the background and included.

2 Likes

Holy crap is that effing gorgeous! Wow! I really love that dude creepin’ in the bg! Nice touch bro! Really, this may very well be my favorite Blender render thus far in two years here. Kinda hard to say at this point… Bravo!

1 Like

Great work, congrats.

1 Like

Very nice image! I really like the colors/lighting.

1 Like

Glad you apperciate them! put theme there as a small easter egg something to discover there altho the AO kinda ruins that :smiley:

Good artwork. But if you want create dark scene like this, why you try create very detailed assets? They are slow down your render and increate RAM and VRAM needs.

Example, left soul does not show.

Really cool! Feels like a frame from a cinematic animation!

1 Like

It’s High Lord Wolnir! (or his daughter)

1 Like

@Hikmet
Hey Thank You! :slight_smile: as i mentioned i was recycling assets i already made for some other stuff… so for example the hidden skeletons are just copy and paste from other blender file i did while ago… and the scene is really simple compared to what i do for clients work… rendered on 2080TI without any trouble… also i work as concept artist so for me the most import thing is the creative side not the technicaly proper aproach… i optimize my scenes but visuals are what matters for me… and render times are super fast with optix and the skeletons didnt made much difference… volume scatter did so for that i used the volume pass rendered with eevee and combined with the cycles render…

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you means a lot :astonished: have a great weekend too!

1 Like

Beautiful. How are you doing the fires? Particles or some post work?

1 Like