formal house

ive learnt a few things about texturing now, so heres what ive got so far on the building…

ignore the lighting and render they are just standard direct lighting for quick renders. ive discovered the a decal can work across severl different mesh objects, and different textures. - all using the same image file and empty object to place them… this is AWESOME… so i’ve been able to adapt the scene to the kinda of envronment that I originally wanted - a sad decrepit building.

Attachments

layered textures from cgtextures.com in gimp, then applied to building… that wall is a cracked plaster, with concrete cracks, new rendered concrete, then some bricks, a huge marble crack on the other side of the building, a grassed plaster wall, plaster stains and mold…

ignoring the blue(nfi) trees, how does the wall texturing look so far?

Attachments

over 100 pages views have occured between my last post and this one but noone has said anything, so i can only assume my texturing is either so mediocre that noone can be bothered, or its so great that everyone has been struck mute… i hope for the latter… :smiley:

i spent hours sorting out the scummy water, but its not really visible form the camera point i think works the nicest. oh well, i hope to get 2-3 really good images out of this project in the end

heres what ive got after another day…

Attachments

I for one am struck dumb by your texturing, but i’m a noob so… However I would love to see that rendered with luxrender, I think then everyone’s jaw would drop.

thanks binarycortex… what I’ve read about luxrender is that its particularly suited to indoor scenes but not so much for outdoor ones. I have both yafaray and luxrender installed, but this whole scene is handled by yafaray - partial texturing, lights, sky, etc… and i know nothing about the use of lux… I can rustle up a decent indoor scene and make that look real but i’m still working on the outdoor ones… im still reading tuts on this subject…
thanks for the reply