FPS Roguelite bugs

Hi! I got a prototype file here and I’m having some issues on it. Asking for some help please. :slight_smile:

1. Render distance - Some stuff are not showing if they are too far. Like the camera is only rendering certain distance.
  2. Bullet direction - It’s pretty hard to explain but I’ll try. I got a gun setup and it has continues yellow balls as bullets. I try to move left and right while shooting. However, the direction of the bullet changes. is left and right and not straight.
  3. Hitbox - I put an enemy onject on the blend file. It’s a red square. I shoot it with my bullets. However, the enemyHP only decreases if you shoot it right smack at the center of the box. It seems that the whole box is not considered as the hitbox.
  4. Stage collision - Simply. I go straight to the void of darkness when I move back, left and right and my player is not detecting the wall.
  5. Character levitating - Okay, hard to explain. I go straight to the wall. Then my character goes up when I continue pressing forward.
  6. Jump settings - Character is set to dynamic. I press jump and it’s slowmo. I release jump and I drop instantly.
  7. Enemy box moving back - My enemy box is being pushed backwards whenever I shoot it.

Sorry for alot of issues!! ><

I’m prototyping a game right now and I can see alot of challenges along the way.

Thank you so much for helping me! :slight_smile:

Attachments

prototype.blend (1.9 MB)

I solved all your Problems in the .blend below, :smiley:

But to explain what I did in order, of what the issues were…

1. Render distance - Some stuff are not showing if they are too far. Like the camera is only rendering certain distance.
2. Bullet direction - It’s pretty hard to explain but I’ll try. I got a gun setup and it has continues yellow balls as bullets. I try to move left and right while shooting. However, the direction of the bullet changes. is left and right and not straight.
3. Hitbox - I put an enemy onject on the blend file. It’s a red square. I shoot it with my bullets. However, the enemyHP only decreases if you shoot it right smack at the center of the box. It seems that the whole box is not considere
d as the hitbox.
4. Stage collision - Simply. I go straight to the void of darkness when I move back, left and right and my player is not detecting the wall.
5. Character levitating - Okay, hard to explain. I go straight to the wall. Then my character goes up when I continue pressing forward.
6. Jump settings - Character is set to dynamic. I press jump and it’s slowmo. I release jump and I drop instantly.
7. Enemy box moving back - My enemy box is being pushed backwards whenever I shoot it.

I fixed #1 by going to the camera settings and putting the “Clipping” value up.

I fixed #2 and more with a little script I made, where wherever your crosshair is, the bullet goes. :slight_smile:

#3 didn’t seem to be of any problem to me, I just set the the collision bounds of the object to cube in the physics tab.

#4 I fixed that by making your Objects either dynamic or Character objects, not static.

Fixed # 5 when I fixed #4, your character had no gravity.

#6 to make the object do a character motion like jump, you make the object itself a character object int he physics panel.

And finally number 7 I fixed by making your bullet in the physics tab a “ghost” where it reacts to collisions, but doesn’t make any impact.

I hope I helped! :smiley:

Problem_Solved.blend (1.93 MB)

Hi!

Thank you so much LORD OF THE CHINGS!! The force if Blender be with you. lol

It really helped a lot!

Thank you!