Fracture addon for 2.5

Was there ever any feed back on using carve in blender. Is that still a possiblity? Or will it mess the developement cycle? For instance http://www.graphicall.org/builds/builds/showbuild.php?action=show&id=1070

ibkanat:
yes, there was feedback, and I did some tests ant it was much better, although the main problem isn’t in the boolean operation itself, but in the meshing of it.
current state of things is
carve is ok, but waits for bmesh. bmesh is ok, but I guess it waits for endof durian, ek ek.
fracture would be much better and faster, only if bmesh and carve would make it to the trunk.
durian guys want to do some explosions in the movie, so they could use this fracture code, kindof :slight_smile: hehe

Pildanovak, thanks for your opinion! I would like to write what I described in the note but actually I’m far from Python. I tried to learn AS 3.0 but now have no time for it. So I’m just an “idea-man” with some potential :spin::slight_smile:
And unfortunately I’m not understanding how to do what you adviced me to make. I meant not a concrete case but some algorythm of faking any simple bullet or some typical bodies (like cilinders and prisms) collision. Also I had thoughts about the retopo function (for “net’s” profile transformation) to perform this method on almost any surface.
To be more “precise” I told not about “spherical shapes” but about truncated conuses those look almost like cilinders. And they can make up this “collision crater” form (or “groove” - depends on flying body’s type).

Thanks for answer is clears up where everything is at… I am impressed what is in 2.5 now… Just wish I could figure out how to use the time(freeze) its acted upon(ridged body) is this in 2.5 fracture now?

Great Job pildanovak !!!
I tested the script with our dear french president :smiley: :
http://vimeo.com/11838795

Thank you for this fabulous add-on !!!

Hey looks like fracture has been updated in the add ons folder… Projectile seems to be easy to use just pull into place and let it hit your object. But could I get a couple of sentenses help on using the bomb feature of fracture? I looked at the logic brick and there are settings… I really want to freeze a object till it collides with others how do I do this?

Ibkanat, can you share some videos on Vimeo or YouTube? I’m full in work now but this theme is very interesting still! I’m sure that people will keep up this.

Hi guys, just connected to the internet after about 2 weeks offline. I made some updates and hope to upload them someday soon.

hi, can you get the updated script to me via irc,
so i can merge it correctly with the script in addons folder.
thanks for such a great script.

I wait impatiently! :slight_smile:

I don’t know how people even get started. Its like everyone is born with the understanding. Trying to use the script in 2.49 I get a python error " register undo" . In 2.5 …29422 It enables fine but all I can find to do with fractures is under add, fracture helper objects. I see nothing in the tool box in object mode or edit mode. It looks like a useful script . Thanks for any help.
To be clear . I need help finding the tools for fracture in 2.5
Thanks

kazinger, hit space write down the names of the operators written in the tutorial, which is in the thread post #1

Oh I see ! Thanks thanks . I need that to crack my monitor screen.

Hi! How is your monitor there? :eyebrowlift:
Will you show us some video?

Hii guys I’m learning blender and was trying to do some breaking with this amazing fracture script but i’m
having some problems . when i try to fracture a cube selecting fracture object in the tool shelf with my cube selected nothing happens and in the console appears on the bottom of the process:

ret = op call(self.idname_py( ), C_dict, kw)

value error: converting py args to operator properties : operator must have 20 items

am i doing something wrong? i’m using miika smoke optimized build
sorry for the english and thanks for the amazing script and thanks for the help.
PD. i used it like 3 months ago when doing my first blender experiments and in that time it have work very good

I’ve got the same problem with trunk build 30221

Hi Isidore i had reserched about our problem and I think it has to do with the instalation of python 3.1 and the setup of the PYTHONPATH what i understand is that the fracture script is searching some modules that blender instalation doesn’t have but python does but i’m still trying to fix it because blender refuses to find python and keep telling me :
import error: ddl load failed
in file init.py well still searching

what you could try is to download python version 3.1 installing it of course and if necesary configuring the PYTHONPATH enviroment variable. google it and you will know what i’m talking about
sfe (sorry for the english) good luck

fixed on my end,
it should be good in recent builds.

Yeeeeiiii wii i finally resolve the problem… well not realy the miikah build is still refusing to recognize python but i find a build that finally support fracture without python

good luck
sfe

edit:
upss the build only works for simple geometry like cubes
could some one help us

Where can I get Fracture for 2.49 with scenes? Thanks.