Free basemeshes

So, I made a retopology add-on that can wrap base meshes on sculpts/scans. I thought I would be nice to also distribute some base meshes for people who just arent into making their own.

Instead of selling them along with the add-on, I’ll just be making them and sharing for free here.

Edit: forgot to mention I accept feedback and suggestions on the topology since I want to make more basemeshes.

Here’s the first basemesh

download:basemesh 1.blend (702.5 KB)

7 Likes

The Addon is awesome. I think I saw this technique based on some mesh fitting algorithm that work with advanced neural networks.

Is really impressive that you get such results with a simple cloth simulation. It works as expected.

1 Like

Haha, yeah, the cloth simulation part was kinda accidental but as soon as I noticed what it could do I couldn’t help it but make it even more cloth-like.

But I needed to break all the 3 laws of motion so it only looks like cloth but isnt that realistic.

Awesome mate

1 Like

Nice project. But… what’s wrong with MakeHuman?

It’s free too, and you can instantly make new basemeshes for humans with sliders to control age, gender, muscles, fat and height.

Also, your exported projects to Blender comes with built-in rig with both IK and FK.

Nothing wrong with makehuman, I just like to make basemeshes.

Because MakeHuman might not fit the esthetic/art direction you’re looking for.

I was testing this addon in the way it works just being able to have a mesh basically transform into a soft body that you can actually click and play with with your mouse is such a genius thing and the fact that it moves so quickly in the viewport I think a lot of research would should be done in order how to expand on the functionality of this I think this should be extended to be a default blender add-on I mean just research should be done and just to figure out all the cool things you could do with it