FreeBsd Logo in 3d

Hello all. This is my third model in blender. It is the freebsd logo from freebsd.com converted to 3d for an animation I am working on. Let me know what you think.

Wandering though, I am not quite sure yet how to animate the eyes. Animated with spheres before, but these are ovals. Any suggestions? Right now, the pupils are just black spheres as seperate objects.

http://www.livingnet.net/blender/freebsd.jpg

Cool character, nice face too.

I don’t know the origional but this one is really well done.

(Perhaps some shoelaces?)

He’s cute, but as I recall the BSD devil had much longer legs.

Still a couple of things to add yet. Need the pitchfork and shoelesses. Took a break and went on to another model for a little while. I checked the legs (freebsd.com) and I think they are pretty accurate, lif you someone should compare, let me know your impressions. I am not aiming for 100% accuracy, but resmebling and good I guess. I am working on a string of characters for different operating systems.

The modelling is OK, but you still have to define more the character… for making it more “alive”. For animating the eyes, as you said they were simple objects, make 'em “slide” by the surface of the oval.

Hi there,

Pretty nice start! :smiley:
And if it’s your third model - then it’s just freaking AWESOME start.

But - you need to improve on it if you want it to look like the Daemon:

http://www.grimstveit.no/jakob/img/beastie.png

As you can see from some of the reference pictures your “beastie” needs
a bigger head. (remember “cute” baby proportions).

You also need to “inshape” the eyes into the body rather than
a couple of flat pancakes patched onto his face, it will take a lot more
work - but be patient and you’ll make it.

The Beastie body needs to be more “roundish” and well-shaped
rather than a sack of flour :slight_smile: Shape him up, make him smoother
and give the body more “flow”.

Also - pay more attention to the shapes and how they work
on the reference character. It’s not easy converting beastie into 3d.

Anyway - keep up the good work.

Now that was a critique! Thanks. Thanks for the picture to. More people should offer constructive thoughts to images. “Nice Job” is great, but give thoughts on improvement helps just as much.

I was looking for something bigger, they are not easy to find for some weird reason. Even checked google images.