Freelance: Automated 3D id-text on 3D geometry for printing

We’re running a startup called 3Dmouthguard, we’re 3D printing custom made mouthguards for athletes. www.3dmouthguard.fit

In order to easily recognise which 3D print belongs to which person, we’d like to be able to add some product number text onto the mouthguard model (extruded text “added” to the model).

This has to be fully automated. Which could be done using Blender and Python. If you think there are better tools to do it with, we’re definitely open to explore those as well.

We’re looking for someone who is familiar with automating Blender in Python to do this. It’s also important that the resulting 3D geometry remains printable of course, so experience with 3D modeling and 3D printing would be good.

Most of the mouthguard surface is curved, so the text should curve along with it nicely. Combining the product number text with the mouthguard should be as clean as possible. The text has to be added/applied to the mouthguard geometry, which generally has a constant shape, but since they are custom-fit, the shape will differ from person to person. The exact location of the text on the mouthguard is still up for discussion based on what’s possible / most convenient. Somewhere on the inside is probably best, where it’s not too obtrusive.

If you want to get an idea of what an example mouthguard looks like, you can download an .obj file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wni7vydeq682mxd/mouthguard.obj

We’d like to get this done in 2-3 weeks.

Budget is flexible, happy to discuss based on estimated workload.

If you’ve read this and you’re interested, please reach out to me at richard[at]3dmouthguard.fit and describe briefly how you would approach this, and how much time it would cost you approximately.

Thanks for the emails so far! If I haven’t replied to you yet, just stay tuned. I’ll get back to you.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.