Freeride Mountainbike

Absolutely stunning.

Brilliant work, well deserving of the gallery.

On the hi-res, though, the tyres material kinds lets things down a little.

My only critique is in the grain of the carbon fiber - mostly that it isnā€™t UV-mapped. Namely the ā€œwoodgrainā€ stretch curves in the texture to the front of the bottom bracket; the weave is insanely distorted right there. Carbon fiber when applied as a sheet will stretch a little, but not to the extent that would be necessary to achieve that look in real life.

super stuff 5 stars without a doubt

5 stars. Only tiny thing I can say about it is the seat looks a little small? Maybe its just the focal. As for everything else, you schooled, man.

Yes me too. Great render. bravo

Top notch modeling - just a little underexposed I would say for a product shot!

My two lovely themes! Bikes and blender!!!

OMG made it to the gallery :smiley: This made my day!!!

Thank you mechman, marcotronic,heddheld, etoya, rhettro, Acorr, Safetyman, danilius, easelyused, tyrant monkey, Lightman, Damien!, cekuhnen, and nikitron.

Danilius: Iā€™m also not 100% happy with the tires, they look to clean. maybe I tweak it.

easilyused: Yes, the corbon fibre texture was a little bit stubbornā€¦ I fixed it in the high res.

Lightman: The saddle-size depends on the personal preference. This one is small because it saves weight.

This just looks absolutely brilliant :smiley: Love the model, shaders, render, everything!

Well, waiting for you to post the 3D render.
That reference image seems promisingā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey there up3d, great work! :smiley:

Absolutely awesome work. Some really nice modelling here - and some crazy problemsolving, Iā€™m guessing, heheā€¦ :smiley:

beautiful. some of the shaders feel a little off to me, but absolutely beautiful.

nice! 5* , spent lots of time looking at the details. would be fun to know the nodes for that sattle shader, it looks really realistic.

really nice.:yes:

Very well done! I love downhill, and this bike is perfect for it! It really technically correct and well rendered!

What a huge difference carbon fiber makes to physical size of its structure in comparison to a typical cheap brown steel bike. I hadnā€™t realised that there were such frames on the market (never researched them) but have often looked at my frame and wondered if it could be CFā€™d as it weighs a ton and now I know :slight_smile:

[edit add]Also what a wonderful render (doh! missed the important bit, lol)[/edit]

Thank you!

Bao2: heheā€¦ okay you got meā€¦

Hey Spozz`n, dank dir!

Farmfield: Yes, some details like the rear derailleur made me crazy (rig)ā€¦

aermartin: It`s actually a very simple shader:

Top. Notch. Wow.