Freeride Mountainbike

Fantastic everything, even the helmet. I like the anodized parts, very eye-catching.

Very minor quibbles: Maybe it’s just the lighting angle, but do the brake discs look paper-thin in the high res image? Also the texture on the fork travel indicator looks a bit “blenderish”. Mind you I noticed these things only because I have been staring at the image in awe.

ps Biking question: rubber ring looks high up. Do you really ride with that much sag on the fork?

So you say the modelling was easy, hehe? I’ve been riding mountainbikes from the late 80’s, I know full well how they work - I would not want to model (and rig) one - especially like the new Shimano ones, hehe… :smiley:

(I’m actually doing some machine type modelling right now, much simpler stuff, but man I’ve had to think things through before starting, like doing knurles in combination with high res rounded details - man it gave me a headache, hehe)

CD38:

Very minor quibbles: Maybe it's just the lighting angle, but do the  brake discs look paper-thin in the high res image? Also the texture on  the fork travel indicator looks a bit "blenderish".

It will probably be the perspective.
If you look closely you can see the thickness, for example near the fork.
Sorry, i don`t understand what you mean with “blenderish”.

Farmfield:

So you say the modelling was easy, hehe?

I did not say it was easy, it was more a time thing… More time equal more details.
Taking into account the modeling techniques, it was not difficult.
But I have to say that I already modeled two bikes so I knew how to model some difficult parts.

But the suspension rig still makes me crazy…(I’m not so familiar with rigging) :confused:

WOw awesome detail!

thats a sweet bike sir. Well well done. I am blown away. Nice texture on the frame.

Impressive! The best on I’ve seen.

Thank you

rhettro:

… Excellent work, I’d love to see a wire frame version.
Oh I almost forgot the wire frame… sorry!

(Wire frame… how ambiguous in this case)
:cool:

Very good job, 5 stars from me :slight_smile:

Wow!!! To say the least, I am impressed. This is a thing of beauty. Great work here!!!

Unbelievable!

Damn, man! It’s so beautiful!
I, for real, wish some day have the capability of do something like this!
Congratulations :slight_smile:

A question who i like to ask for everyone: How long using Blender? :slight_smile:

Great work!

Very nice looking. Great detail on everything from the components to wheels!

Wow! So futuristic in style, yet it doesn’t lose any of the nostalgic charm of older mountain bikes.

Very nice! Congratulations
I think that the only thing that looks odd (to me, BTW I own a similar bike, and it looks spot on) is the carbon fiber pattern, I suggest you change the material of the seat post. I have never seen that seat post, is that your invention?

Cheers!

Excellent work! Good job!

Thank you for your comments I appreciate that very much!

This is a very common design in the high end range. Just search for “Corbon Seatpost”

I made an Update:

And a short video with some closeups.:

I hope you like it.

Very nice work! Congrats

wow, so cool!!

I prefer that version than the original one. Blue background matches to the blue elements of the bike. Awesome work btw :wink:

I had commented earlier on this excellent model/render. But I just wanted to compliment you on the video you put together for your reel…it came out really nice.