FreeStyle splash for Blender 2.67 - call for submissions

Like Linklater’s film.

Attachments

splash_2.67-double.zip (1.59 MB)splash_2.67.zip (1.03 MB)

Freestyle!!!

This is a single layer of Freestyle render, only one line style. I really like all the cool NPR renders that have been posted, but it seems like the Freestyle has been relegated to doing this black edges on things, which is totally awesome but doesn’t show it off as well as it could.
Rose (dansafee, ccby)
Lunaflora (troubleshooter, ccby)
TigerLily (jofes, cc0)
Blender Logo from an SVG.
I’m going to make at least one more like this using only cc0 assets in case that is helpful.

Another trial from this HVAC file. A bit of Toon, a bit of Technical, a splash of color.

http://www.jikz.net/Projects/Lee_Posey_splash_267.xcf

http://www.jikz.net/Projects/FS_Splash_2.67.blend

I really like your style in this image! But I think it is a bit empty. What about some white text/dimension lines in the background or something other?

another one. Do you know him?

Freestyle奥深し・・:eyebrowlift2:

Ver.2

Yes of course… Angus Young and AC/DC !!! My lovely band ! :evilgrin:

not really as much as i wanted to do with this but it’s late on friday so here it is… hopefully not too late.
seems a little bright on this monitor but on two others it looked too dark.

Updated my entry with the extra time by adjusting the Line Styles and compositing, and adding the fire:

Thunderstruck!..Angus?

If voting there was, I’d choose ACALA’s proposal. Although otherwise there is great art in this thread, his or hers lets Freestyle show through better.

I like the ones of procreaciones, irie and ALCALA the most:

• procreaciones has the most mood and the image makes its own world + it don’t looks to “staged”
  • irie would just be funny because nothing than an Anime-Swimsuitgirl would be sth. totally new :evilgrin:
  • In ALCALAa proposal you see the freestyle shing trough, but the picture itself has some graphical qualities

So far maxon is my fav.

So many wonderful works.
I just wanted to post my first try on this subject. It took me less than an hour to understand some basics. I love 2d art anyway.
Here’s how it came from “my” displacements and UVs sculpting thread.

Originally: http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?190344-Challenge-391-(25-06-10)-CLOSED&p=1653075&viewfull=1#post1653075

Attachments

I really like the scene DaedalJS posted, especially that the linestyles are lighter than the objects.Also the UV displacement by michalis is great - I usually think less is more for lineart, but that’s beautiful.

A couple more flowers, all cc0, rendered with RenderStreet (my computer was crashing blah memory). They rendered my text bigger than I had it; I’ll remember next time to convert it to a mesh first. Also, I’ll shortly upload a version the normal logo.

The same thing, with proper logos. Also I’m pretty impressed with RenderStreet’s ability to quickly get things done and also support Freestyle already, although their interface confuses me a little at the moment.

Charblaze, I really like both your renders a lot, though the crazy-eyes might be a little much for everybody to see every day.

Very effective. Looking forward to 2.67 even more now!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]232501[/ATTACH]
I hope its not too late…