French animation studios using Blender

Hello, Blenders.

It’s all in the title. I’ll be soon looking for work, and I would like to gather informations about studios that are using Blender in France actually.

It can be their main software or a one among others.

As far as I know, Xilam and TNZPV (Tu nous as pas vu) are using it, Can somone confirm it?

Thanks for reading!

Have you tried going to Careers sections of the french animation studio’s official websites?
They would likely list their software skill requirements there.

There are many studios in France, dozens. A lot of them are new and I don’t know them. For those I know, they don’t use Blender.

making such a list on a forum is of public interest.

Hello, Xilam is using it from time to time, but they mainly do 2D stuff.
But they acquired Cube Creative a few years ago and that studio has fully switched to blender and they do mainly 3D.

Autour de Minuit and their studio called Autour du Volcan also work with blender and they are also in partnership with a studio in Angoulème.

Now a lot of animation studios uses blender (even big ones), either as a step in their pipeline, to do modeling for instance. Or for a particular project that requires 3D. But not a lot are fully using blender from start to finish in the 3D pipe.

What kind of position you’re looking for ? do you have an animation related reel you can share ? My advice is to ask different small/mid sized studios that do 2D and a few 3D projects as it’s very likely that blender is involved in their projects.

Also a lot of 2D studios look into blender because of grease pencil to add a bit of 3D on their projects. Which sounds like the previous point, but it’s slightly different.
The studio might produce only 2D projects but still uses blender in some parts.

While I heard of more studios connected to blender, it’s not always clear how much they adopted it. So creating a giant list of french studios who at least used blender once might just cause confusion.

3 Likes

Ho Cube has switched to Blender? interesting. It turns out I worked there years ago. By this time, each project there used different software depending on the people and the production. I was a bit messy. I remember there were, at the same time, 3DS max and Softimage as main software (and probably Maya as well).

I think Autour du Volcan is closed for years now, need to check that. But yes, Autour de Minuit is using it from the beginning.

So creating a giant list of french studios who at least used blender once might just cause confusion.

not at all, because it’s not just about listing studios, but of knowing to what extent it is or isn’t central to a studio. That what you just did.

Thanks for the inputs !

1 Like

les fees speciales
le studio

2 Likes

Yes they made a few talk at blender conferences showing their projects and the challenges they face to do the switch.

Well, I work there currently so I hope it’s still open or I’m getting scammed :smiley:
At some point it was located at Clermont-Ferrand but now they are back in Paris.
ADM do only production now and distribution and ADV is the studio that do animation.

Well, I think we listed every studios that uses blender as their main software and talks about it. But there are probably others, at least many studios actively look into blender for various purpose or they have production that involves blender.

For blender artists it’s our time to shine but in the meantime it’s not the best time to look for a job, many projects got postponed or cancelled, and a lot of artists are currently searching for a gig.

2 Likes