Frieza (final form) from Dragonball Z WIP

Hi, I decided to start trying to do a 3D model of Frieza from Dragonball Z in his final form. So far I’ve just started doing his face shape, with the white shader that will be used for the rest of his body.

In this render, I used the skin 2 SSS preset and altered the settings slightly to get that sort of grey tint to his skin. I also used AO with multiply and Sky colour options along with four point lighting.

Oh forgot to mention that I also used a lattice to deform his head a little seeing as his head has a slightly odd tapered shap to it.

Attachments

Increase the Lighting on that model.

Looks very good! You could like to try another angles, to make easier see the model. :slight_smile:

wire and more light, but it’s nice

Thanks for the Feedback :slight_smile:

I totally agree with the light thing so I gave the lamps twice as much energy to make a couple of new frontal renders with more light as requested. I also toon rendered the one where I added the eyes on :slight_smile:

Attachments

And here’s two wireframe renders.

Note that I still had subsurf modifier on because I forgot to turn it off lol

Attachments

Hi guys, I’ve just been editing my Frieza model and finished off the head. I had to remodel the face a bit seeing as it the shape was wrong when compared to a reference pic. I think that’s sorted out now though.

These are the real-ish shading renders of a front and perspective view of Frieza’s Head that I just made.

The next post will have two toon rendered ones

Attachments

Here are the two toon rendered versions of the above

Attachments

cool, i like it. Yes, as you mentioned, the shape is a little off. maybe imagine the purple part of the head as a completely round sphere and conform the face to it might helps as it’s still somewhat too wide?

Do you have the SSS enabled in all these renders? Because you could save yourself a lot of time by just focusing on the modelling at first, and applying materials later on. I think you’re doing good so far. COuld we see a wireframe (not rendered, but a blender screenshot)?

Thanks for the inputs, you two :)!

Ok. I decided to download that ref picture, used it as a background image guide and made sure that the shape of Frieza’s head matched the one in the picture and after hours of work and two Blender crashes later, here’s two renders that I made without SSS and AO. I still have my three lamps and materials though.

And yeah, I’ll make the wireframes but I’ll save for tomorrow as I’m a bit too tired to make them right now.

Attachments

Looking good :slight_smile: His forehead seems very large and protruding to me, it might just be the camera angle though, can you post some renders from the front or side view so it’s easier to see the shape better?

yeah, I agree with dakka dakka, maybe sit the ‘sphere’ a little lower in the head and the face will smoothen out better? if it’s not that, then it’s the eyebrow. it’s sticking too far forward and thus giving the impression that it’s all bulging.

Yah, I think its the eyebrow.