From where should I start learning blender

Hello Guys,
I am passionate about learning Blender but the question is from where should I start learning. I want to create YouTube channel where I will post animation videos.

I highly recommend that you run through the Basic Blender 101 series that goes over every section of Blender ( minus the newer Geometry Nodes) so you have a solid understanding of the basic functions. They are for Blender 2.8 but all the information is still relevant.

3 Likes
3 Likes

What skill should I choose? Like cartoon character, environment, or something else.

Pick the one you like.

There are countless learning examples on YouTube. If your goal is to have a popular Youtube animation channel, I suggest you start by browsing existing Youtube channels and find one that appeals to you.

It’s like asking what you should order for lunch. We don’t know what your diet preferences are.

1 Like

You said you want to post animations on YouTube…but you didn’t state a subject…

What Skill? What are you interested in? Anime? Realistic? Fantasy? 2d animation? Cell Animation? Procedural Animation?

I can’t say What you should pick as a Skill, what are your skills now?

Most depend on a thorough knowledge of Character Creation, Drawing, Lighting, Proportions, etc.

What Youtube videos that use Blender as the creation software, do you like? How many have you watched?

The questions are never-ending, and they all depend on your preferences.

1 Like

I am going to publish 3d animations. The skill that attracted me the most is character creation and modeling. But what are the easy steps that should I make to learn it in next 3 months. I know basic of Blender and can create some objects through modeling. I created low poly character.

I’m going to be real with you here- you’re not going to figure out how to model and animate characters in 3 months, let alone create YouTube worthy videos, at your skill level. Try 3 years.

3 Likes

This is the best place to start in my opinion. Low poly doesn’t require you to get bogged down by the tons of technical minutiae, rules, and hundreds of exceptions to those rules inherent to 3D and Blender while still allowing you to have fun producing nice pieces of art and/or animations in the meanwhile, so you feel like you’re making progress even while learning the bare basics.

You could probably make something like this…

…with just a couple weeks of dedicated learning. Just that scene alone will give you a simple, though still solid grasp on the various ways to manipulate polygons, setting and applying materials, and scene composition. You’ll feel like you’ve accomplished something without having to feel like you’ve slogged through hours upon hours of tutorials just to make baby steps, and will also provide you a nice foundation for when you decide to launch off to bigger, better things later.

Grant Abbitt, which Joseph linked to above, is a great place to start.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZFUrFoqvqlN8seaAeEwjlw

Also, it’s a good idea to look at other pieces of low poly art to ape from or inspire yourself with.

And you can even try your hand at animation with it.

This is what I’d recommend.

2 Likes
  • character creation
  • character modeling
  • character animaton
  • environment …??

Nothing is (ever) easy…

You may have alook here:

Of course there are (like for every other topic) hundreds of videos telling you how-to-be-a… or how-to-start… and even not-to-make-this-mistakes…

Sometimes it’s better to read something because videos lead to the impression that this would be easy… because the “tutor” already has some experience and so “quickly” does some stuff… but don’t let you misslead… those videos doesn’t take minutes to make… even not hours because of bloopers or editing or specific preparations ( ← this takes days …) but… see here:

Some Quotations about: how long it took to…

Also this is interesting…

Thank you guys for your suggestions. Your responses helped me in choosing the right skill for me. :heart_eyes: