Frozen Inspired Scene

Hi guys,
I haven’t posted a WIP here in years. I was out of 3D entirely for quite a while. Trying to get back into it now.
I’m making a picture for a girl lol. Who knows if she’ll like it or not…all I know is she loves the movie Frozen.

I won’t show her anything until I think it’s really close to perfection…right now it looks stupid. I’m going to change lots of things, the ice coming up out of a studio environment floor is pretty dumb, I’ll change it.

I think I’ll base the final image more on this:

I’ll need to start again on a new environment and learn how to make particles like that…eeeep heaps of work to do…

Oh by the way, a huge thanks to Photox for helping with the cape alpha mapping idea. It isn’t very obvious at this test render resolution but it looks kinda cool, I will continue to work on it and also sculpt some deformations in the geometry too.

Hey guys, here is an interesting situation which may or may not be already known.
When I change the backdrop to a Velvet material, it improves the render times significantly.
Like I left one overnight with the backdrop on Diffuse BSDF for 16 hours and it barely rendered anything at all.

I change the backdrop back to velvet and it renders quickly. :S