Fully Procedural Skin Shader

Hi,

I made a fully procedural skin shader that colors most important parts of face.
It´s using mostly geometry(normals/pointiness) and AO to generate colormaps of all the red, yellow and blue colors of facial skin. Shader includes details such micro-veins, pimples, darker dots and other imperfections. Also SSS reveals micro-veins under the skin. Glossyness is also defined by creases and cavities.

One color layer is made with a help of Empty box which you can easily adjust on any head size. It then uses mixed color ramps to and extra colors to chin, cheeks and skull coloring (blue, red, yellow) only on head area in case you want to use the shader for whole body.
I´m planning to add some other emptys to adjust masks for lips coloring and maybe even wringles.

I think I still need to make better bumpmap but otherwise it works quite well on any model.

model from turbosquid,

Albedo

skin_shader_01

Roughness/Bump
skin_shader_02

Albedo Layers
skin_shader_colors

nodetree (still need to organize the rest of it and maybe some day build easily adjustable shadergroup)

rough color quide taken from the world wide web. Just to show what you should find from the shader.
color-guide

20 Likes

Nice Shader, i hope you ll release it one day.
ps: transparency gif zero color in your light turntable, deserve your borders…

Your shader looks really good. unfortunately your notes cannot be followed because it is impossible to read something. maybe you could upload a screenshot with more quality. would be interesting to see how you did it.

That’s a great observation I would love to see that shader in its entirety too Barkas!