Futuristic Construction Vehicle.

My son wanted to see a robot, so I threw this together in a couple hours. I used to design mining equipment so I could actually add a realistic hydraulics system. I tried to make it similar to the equipment I designed in form and function. I was also thinking of contributing this to Mango, but didn’t know if they wanted help in this area. I also wanted to get votes on whether I should jettison the lights that look like eyes and mouth and go for a head where a user might sit.

Attachments

This is a really cool concept. It’s believable. I’d say keep going on it. Maybe add some grime and dust and dirt and stuff.

I like it. =)

Dan

That is a pretty cool robot u got there, is there a reason not to continue?!?
Work on that lighting and materials :wink: And yeah keep going!

Quick render. I tried to render this in cycles with the lights themselves, but the glass in front of the lights caused the fireflies to never converge (an all week render didn’t do the trick) So I turned the lights way down, put a plane emitter in front of the lights and made them invisible to the camera and it took care of the fireflies.

Don’t need dirt etc if it just left factory.

I’m curious about the lights; why would it need em? :slight_smile:

Looks better in your first post, imo.

Definitely worth carrying on with.

Added tank treads for conversion mode to kneeling. Operator sits in head.

Attachments

I still play with him every now and then. Need to unwrap and add a real material, but just playing with him for now.

Attachments