futuristic samurai warrior -WIP-

Damn, Im all locked up with this, so much info and so little time to blend :eek:
No but its great that you give so much feedback, it makse thing alot easier for me, thanks :slight_smile:

@deshidan: futuristic samurai helm -> darthwader :smiley: also came first thing in my mind :smiley: not especially what Im looking for though…
Also very nice helm you got there :smiley: but it does remind me of darthwader :smiley: It cant be avoided :eek:
And it’ll be nice to see how your samurai dude start to build up, Im looking foward to seeing that in progress…

Now some solutions to the helmet problem:
I think that I’ll keep the main part of the helm, like it or not :D, but I’ll redo the upper part, maby something more samurai style…

and I would have posted some wires but my blender just didnt coop with me, maby it’ll agree with me if I just give it a little kiss or something :smiley:

and some katana stylish blade will come along, just when I get that far in my progress :smiley:

Ok now the critical moment, THE NEW HELMET!! :eek:

maby I little over acted :o but here it is, now what you think??

I think I managed to combine the original look in the sketch and some more samurai’ish style :slight_smile:

Its still in early stage so hit me with your crits and suggestions, I think I can take it :smiley:

The helmet looks better.
Now it’s a stormtrooper!

Thats much better as a helmet

Its strange that we really stress about originality - a sunset happens everyday and still has the power to inspire us… (but then thats from a ‘perfect’ artist)

:slight_smile:

a small update is all i got this time

That breathing vent in the helmet seems to have gotten it to “cool” for me, nicely done. Looks a bit more like the sketch you were going by, too.

Thanks guardianelm, for your comment :slight_smile:

and now for the update…
Just a crappy pose test (it aint rigged yet) just to show off the hardcore firepower I was talking earlier :cool:

what do you think?

[edit]: heres close up

Now, this is just plain silly. Whoever is responsible for these designs is retarded.
Add some debris in their path and these guys are blocked because if they fall over they won’t get up again.
And what’s their protection against anti-tank? Right, nada.
And the one thing they should cover is what? I don’t know, their head maybe?
Nice sunglasses though :]
P

yep and another thing about those ovrsized armors is that the man inside could reach his arms barely to the elbow of that armour :stuck_out_tongue:

but that look aint what im going for :slight_smile:

I know it was

Just a crappy pose test
but I couldnt resist mentioning that his left elbow would be further from the body and the fingers would be diagonally pointing inwards.

Sorry if this is obvious, but I cant always work out whats wrong when I pose things so it may be helpful

@denshidan: thanks for advices, but as i said it was a crappy pose test and i didnt pay much attention to it, cos I just had finished the weapon :smiley: so it was on the main focusing point for me…

Now update again:

another pose/material test, this is now rigged and I tried how it looks with some reflections and stuff…
Im starting to texture this soon, yep, cant wait it :smiley:
damn i hate UV-texturing, but its got to be done…

Nice model…the gun is really bringing it down though. It’s looks like a bunch of junk just thrown to together. Other than that nice work.

AHA! i can just see it: the anti-infantry itching-powder gun!

on a more serious note, on a real samurai helmet they have that back neck guard thingy that wraps around the back. I think you should try doing something like that because:
a) his head wouldn’t look so tiny
b) his neck wouldn’t whip back and bread at the first close-by explosion (why have heavy armour if your body can whithstand it but not your head?)
c) he’d look more beefy (if you know what I mean)

you might just add a semi-circular plate behind his head on the main armor

I also think he’d look better with an rpg or something with a longer barrel

Thanks for comments and advices…

@jessethemid: I really dont know what you mean with that neck thingy :confused:
Armour goes even now quite far up in the neck area and some kind of neck guard that covers even some back areas would be quite impossible to do…
and as I’v said I dont want to do a duplicate of real samurai armor, just something samurai stylish :smiley:

heres just a little test with a new set of weapons…

Don’t forget, a samurai is supposed to hold his katana straight upwards when he is idle. When he is holding it all crooked and leaning it makes him look like some kind of american gangster :stuck_out_tongue:

well maybe he is a gangsta samurai from bronx :D, nah…

i think i will scrap that sword, cos when i tried different poses i noticed that the armour really doesnt work well for sword wielding purposes, its too clumsy…

so i have to make some othe cool weapon (most likely firearm) , maybe Ill continue with the first weap, dunno :confused:

heres an update with some texture testing

[edit]: heres more serious texturing…

Heres some progress so far…

Any crits, thoughts, comments?

nothing much, some testing…

It start’s looking damn awesome, much more better than before. What are you going to use it for? I agree that he shouldn’t be like a real samurai, because he is from the future and he has damn big metal suit and an awesome gun. BTW, when I looked you’re location I yelled “HOLY ****!” I never thought you would be from Finland.

thanks Maggot

Nothing much that Im going to do with this, Im hoping to build up a good scene and finally end up with awesome looking image :smiley:

Niin ja pitäähän meidän suomalaisten pitää meidän lippua korkeella :cool:

-deadend