Gale the snail and the lady bug

thank you both @fravashi & @Chalie A

very nice :smiley:

thx @digi_mech

Here is a little update to this project.
I used filmic blender for the first time and i’m really stunned by the result.
The subsurface scattering is reacting totally differently with the same lighting setup.

Guessing you used the same lighting positions but increased the amount of light coming from some of the sources?

@troy_s yes same lighting positions i changed light value from 8 to 20 because previous value was too dark after installing filmic blender. Before installing filmic blender putting value to 20 it was too bright and not usable.

There is a sense of romance in this scene, good work.

thanks @foxrender

Well done befx, this image is very well done. Your newest render using filmic is better that your original image and I think that has a lot to do with the SS on the snail. Before, the material was quite fake looking and had almost zero depth. Now, the material makes sense and looks like how a snail does in this sort of lighting. Also the shell with SS looks great as well, although you lose quite a bit of detail which is unfortunate. Oh and the moss is definitely on point. Overall its a great image and well deserving of the top row.

This is amazing. I wish to be like you some day. Still learning

thanks @polygobblerr for your comment really appreciate.
Yes the SSS really changed a lot because in the first version no matter what i tried i couldn’t get that effect look good with my light setup. The SSS was only visible with high value on the light but then all the rest was too bright but after installing filmic blender i could go up in higher values without getting an over bright result and the sss was working like it should.

thanks @jacobrocks for your comment i’m sure one day you’ll be like me maybe even better just continue practicing and don’t give up.

This is really great and inspiring!

thanks @Blendi

awesome! very nice composite that look naturally! keep it up!

thanks @mycatnameistux