Hello, first post here. I am an indie mobile game dev that I do in my spare time. I have spent more time learning Blender in the recent months. However, I am struggling with the output I am getting compared to other models from a smoothing standpoint. I feel it is my basic mesh structure that is causing it but not sure how to achieve the correct way. These need to maintain their lower poly counts to be efficient so subdivision surf mod is not an option. I have posted some pics and maybe someone can give me guidance on where I am going wrong.
In these pics there are two models. The car is one I purchased and looks really good in game. The truck is one I did. You can see the artifacts/shadowing on the truck and I don’t know what causes that. It also shows in Unity.
I have included the pics with and without the wireframe overlay to show the difference in mesh. Other than the mesh I am not sure the best approach.
Thanks for any guidance. I am also not sure how to get better at the mesh structure so any pointers helps there as well.