Game Content Contest #3 (Entries Closed)

model the burlap texture and bake it to a plane, thats how i would do it.

ill see if i can make it for you

I think it was Mack’s idea. I was just responding to him. As for normal maps, you can always bake them using Render bake in Blender. Take your low-poly mesh, make a high-poly copy. Edit and or Sculpt the heck out of the high-poly and then use Selected to Active to bake the normals from High to low poly. If that made no sense to you, PM me and I will try to write out something better.

Edit:
@Mack: I don’t think he is doing Boogie.

Yeah you just gave me the idea that Nightmare Before Christmas was a MOVIE…How i forgot about it is really weird because that all iv been talking about for the past 2months!

Mack…you dont have to if you dont want to…I just need to figure out something to make!

How about the mad doctor character in the wheelchair? I love that guy and his itchy brain.

Me too i was just looking at that…But i need some front and side reference pictures…i cant model somthing from a front view…or side view.I need both…

haha too late i already made one XD

o well it will be nice to have anyways, if you still want it just ask

Well i guess since you made it…You could send me it so i can study it…

tryin to find a good place to upload…
its pretty big, like 2.5 mb and its tga so this is hard heh. ill just use 4 shared

here ya go

Thanks Mack…Downloading as i type this

I think im gunna try to model Slim from Bugs Life…

I dont have Photoshop…How can i open this?

Yeh exactly, movie characters aren’t always human!

you can open it in blender i think, thats what i used to make it

yeah…Well… I might drop from this contest…I suck at making Organic things…Like Bugs.People…any thing with legs and arms pretty much… But i still have 2 weeks about…

Hey LGB, No need for arms or anything organic. Just think outside the box. Look at the RC Car from Toy Story, he is completely mechanical with no arms or legs, but is still a character. There are lots of other characters, especially in animation, that are not organic. Like Turnip Head from Howls Moving Castle (which would take a few minutes to model).

do they have an aqua team hunger force movie?..that would work

Yes, there is a Aqua Teen movie. Remember the lighted alien signs that caused a series of Bomb scares in Boston?

sweet, you can just make that meat ball dude XD

MEAT WAD!! OMG I LOVE THAT SHOW… I havent seen the movie…
All right…ill gunna make one of them

oh i think i know what your talking about with those signs! saw something about it on the news a while ago

i want one of those so bad…

Ok…I made Frylock…I dont think im going to texture him…Because i really dont care if i loose…and i like it the way it is…

Attachments