Game Engine crashing on larger imported models in OS X...

So if I make a simple model, give it some behavior, and go into ‘game’ mode everything runs just fine.

If I import a rather large model, and do the same, I get a crash.

Is this due to the model just being too big, or is there something about using imported meshes that Blender isn’t liking? Any tips would be appreciated. It doesn’t seem like my model is any larger than some of the bigger demos, so I’m trying to figure out what’s going on…

On OS X w Blender 2.44.

If I import a rather large model, and do the same, I get a crash.

Is this due to the model just being too big, or is there something about using imported meshes that Blender isn’t liking? Any tips would be appreciated. It doesn’t seem like my model is any larger than some of the bigger demos, so I’m trying to figure out what’s going on…

On OS X w Blender 2.44.

Yes it is from the models being too big. I have had this problem before not just from imported models but some of my own.

I fould that if there are too many objects (around 1000) then the game engine will crash and give you an error message. I found that if there are over 15,000 vertexes in one object, the game engine crashes without an error message. I believe the game engine crashes because you meet your Ram limit.

How to Solve:
The only way I found to fix the problem is to join all your objects (that don’t move or have different properties). Then split the new object into parts that are smaller than 15,000 vertexes. Reducing textures size also seems to help.