Game of Disney

Hi everyone!

This is my first post in this Forum, therefore I´m not really sure what to write but I will give it a try.
But now to my project:

I am making a video combining the Game of Thrones Intro and the Disney Castle.

I have made a video with the Castle “Neuschwanstein” in Bavaria, Germany last year and liked the idea very much but I was not very pleased with the result. (link to the video)
Therefore I wanted to make a new version. So far I have modelled the Castle and animated the Objects and Cameras roughly. This is my current result:

I still have a lot of polishing to do and of course the whole texturing and lighting is still missing. Nonetheless I would love to hear your thoughts about it so far. Also does anyone know if I could get any copyright problems using the GoT Intro music (or the Disney Castle design)?

(This is the texturing I have done so far)

I like the concept and animation looks nice on the video though someparts could be smoother. 0:55 the towers could have a smoother stop, not just suddenly stopping.
On the texturing side, isn’t the castle supposed to be white? Also you could scale down and randomize the pattern. I could give a helping hand with that if you’re using cycles and seamless textures.

Thanks for the reply!
Yes, the animation needs to be polished here and there and the timing is not allways right. I will try to make the movement of the walls smoother as you said. The video was merely a test to see if the general animation pattern works.

Concerning the texture: I have not yet put very much effort into it. I just took the first good two textures I found and will try to find better ones. The randomizing of the pattern will take some time though because the walls are all link duplicated. But I will try doing it. Thanks for the offer! I´m using Cycles and seamless textures and might ask for help later on. :slight_smile:
Currently I only know of the pace http://cgtextures.com/ for good free textures and might have to look for other pages.

I`ll post an updated picure tomorrow or so.

wow that is awesome!
May be you should texture it with metal similar to real intro?

Thanks. Do you mean the GoT intro?

yea, I meant it

I find it really awsome.
I would go for the textures and so from the disney intro itself

Great job on the animation and modeling.

Thanks for all your replies!

I have finally done all the UV unwrapping but these will not be the final textures. I have also added interior rooms for the buildings with windows.

The animation and the modeling are great. You should try gradients for the blue top of the towers and change the texture of the walls … or not change it, but randomize it and be more … white. I am wandering how it will look when you make the water. The lightening is like in a studio try HD picture for the sky and use its light.

I am currently working on the lights. :slight_smile: I also already have an sky picture implemented, but not in this render yet, because i have to add a lot of lights to the scenes. Gradients for the roof is a great idea! I will try to make it more white again. Picture with the lights might come tomorrow or later this week…

I added some lights, tweaked the textures a bit and added some terrain. But I am still not sattisfied at all with the result… And I am not quite shure how to do the water (more realistic or more plane).

I Would love it to end with the typical disney “Star?” going over the top. Looking good so far

Thought about that as well, but unfortunately I am not shure how to do it and if it wouldn´t look to cheesy…

Nice!

The water in the GoT intro seems to look like a piece of silk pinned to the shores and with wind blowing at it, maybe a similar effect would be what you need?

I have finally got to render the third scene. Annoyingly there is a lot of “noise” from the lightning despite 1000 samples.
Also, is there a way to add depth of field after rendering i.e. in adobe premiere. I have exported the Z-map value as .png to be able to mess around with the color of the background objects. Can I use that for depth of field to?
Sadly I don´t have as much free time anymore so it will progress a bit slower, but I will still do my best.

Damn man, i was doing it too X) ( not disney ) Now everyone will think i’ve stolen your idea!
By the way, i find it beautiful, nie animation and camera movements, the last video is really cool with the rocks and trees, water can be better, but is not a priority KEEP GOING! :slight_smile:

P.S. How are you rendering so many frames @1000 samples? Are you using renderfarms, network rendering, a very powerful computer or just alot of patience?

Thanks! To be honest: It is not my own idea too. I had seen this video here and really liked the idea, so I made my Neuschwanstein video.
I would love to see your work too! :slight_smile:
I tried to recreate the water from the GoT intros, but I don´t like the results that much. I will give my best. :slight_smile:

I have a GTX770 (got a second one today) and a lot of patience it took about 4 days to render the last video.

So…
I finally uploaded the final video, although it would still need a lot of work. But I just have no energy to put into it anymore :slight_smile:
I hope you will enjoy it anyways:

hi MirCore

i do quite a bit of archviz and for me this is really tops, congtats and keep up the excellent work.

shaun