game physics

wow all of this thing are greatly awesome and thy do help a lot

sdfgeoff

your robot blend is actually damn awesome and it might help a lot, but my question, if i decided that i want to change how the robot move, like form 4 legs to 2 legs or i want to add more joints to the legs ,how can i change all of that,

Mirror|rorriM

ill try doing this, but i have a question, is there’s any different in animating an empty or a cube,
i mean, i am still going to animate the empty just the same way i do for normal objects right

BluePrintRandom

can wee use this method to adjust characters feet to the ground, however the ground look,s , for ex, stairs ,rock grounds,

Mhm, yes. There is no difference in it being a cube or an empty (as long as your collisions are consistent, etc.)
So basically, if you want to do it with a cube, just set the cube to ‘no collision’ if you want it to behave like
an empty. But other than reasons for physics or world interaction/visuals, I don’t see why you would want to use a cube
instead of an empty.

You can try animating the empty/cube like you would for normal objects.

yeah it,s just , the reason why i use the cube, is because it a game ,and he is going to have some movements in the game and i cant control his physic,s in game if he is an empty, like how tall the character

Actually, you can control how tall your character is with an empty. You just have to scale the empty when your object and object armature are parented to it.

If you control the physics of your character, the cube/empty should not normally be affecting those physics. EDIT: But as you said, once you mess with the physics of the empty/cube you could run into a problem.

Here’s a demo showing how to scale the empty to scale the parented cube:
scale.blend (460 KB)

oh now i see, ok about the finale thing, you parented the phone on the 2nd characters hand and made a timer to remove the parent , then how can i parent it again to the other one,s hand, and what about the cube changing there position the moment thy get parented to the car?

oh now i see, ok about the finale thing, you parented the phone on the 2nd characters hand and made a timer to remove the parent , then how can i parent it again to the other one,s hand

Parent an empty to the right hand bone, and don’t play your Cube.001 Action of that character.
Try using the setParent actuator, and use the timer delay to set the parent to the right hand empty at the right moment. Also, for that character, create an empty to move the character instead of your Cube.001 Action (basically the same thing I’ve done for you).

and what about the cube changing there position the moment thy get parented to the car?

For the cube changing their position the moment they get parented to the car - you should animate it. Change IPO curves if you need to in the graph editor. Remember: the cube controls the orientation of the characters, as well as their x, y, and z position. The idea is to have your armature animations move joints, and your cube animations alter the character’s properties as a whole (like her location).

If you need to use paths to control the cube’s movement, check this out:

EDIT: Look at this (unfixed) revision:
animation body 5.blend (2.1 MB)

oh ok ok now i get it,
ill check it out
but before i do that i have one question, for now,
what can i do to animate a texture, ?

like if for ex i want to animate this dust texture on top of the rock texture, i want to make it move on the x or y ,but only if thy for ex, touch,d a water ,then it becomes visible , and all the time it,s just invisible, what can i do ? i tryd using the texture animate but it doesnt seems to work for me,
also if i have an img sequence, and i want it to play on my texture , how shold i do that,

Check this out:
https://www.blender.org/manual/game_engine/python_api/videotexture.html

Try to load a video onto a texture, and experiment with how that could apply to your case.

Here’s how to actually animate a texture:
http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com/Blender_GameEngine/Animate-Texture/Texture_Animate_1.html

oh great man this is so help full, ill check this out and show you what i did soon

Awesome, looking forward to your progress! Seems you have a detailed idea for a game going.

Yeah I do actually, and thank you for your word thy do help, though I went silent the last week’s,but I am not done yet I just used some problems with my conection,and I’ll keep you update of my latest works so soon

hi everyone again
so as you might know by now that I am trying to know somethings about the bge physics, for some project that I am working on it, as you might sow all of my question above,
but my question’s arnt just about, game physics, thy also include qu, s = question, s about coding,
now as I always say, I am not a coder nor a programmer, that’s why I use simple game codes, template, you know! it, s easy and almost just like logic bracket s,
look to this video
video link:

so what is the meaning of all of this you might ask?!
what is my qu, s= question?
I sow a video on YouTube, about how to control game property,s from the python script,
it makes your game programing easy, where you don’t need to add any actual property you’ll add them, control them by thy script,
so as I already said, that I can do anything, will not anything, but almost anything by the simple game, code, and I can control my properties by adding them to game, but it would be easy, r if I could control them from the script,
so my usual qu, s= questions “the can, and how”
can I control the game property by the simple game code?!
and
how can I do that if I can?
And also look to this one where I temporary solved some of the problems in the game action look
Video link:

and as usual as it is,!? I am going to let you now with some of my latest updates of the day cycle, that I did earlier,
video link:
<span dir=“LTR”>

tell me what do you think of it,? feed not feet, feed back are always useful for ametures like me,
so yes, please, comment and tell me what is your opinion, about the video, and if your kind enugh ,like the video or subscribe if you want
and also as usual, the update file, will be attached under the video discrption,…
… or…
you’ll just find it in the link below

gave it a try,! look at it! understand it and ask any questions about it,
and again, as usual, good luck, or good buy, or saunara , ariuos or slaaam,