Game style ArchViz entirely in Blender anyone?

UPBGE means Uchronia Project Blender Game Engine and it is developed since 4 years ago. Now we are doing the transition to the new EEVEE renderer that will be completed with the release of UPBGE 0.3 (under development).

The executable is only available for windows, linux and macos. There is no mobile or web deployment. Maybe when Blender has Vulkan target we can talk about android/iso deployment.

With repect to the minimum specifications are the same as blender 2.8 eevee. The mine are ryzen 2600x and nvidia 1660 and they perform well

Thanks once more!

The missing mobile deployment for the tours is an issue as thatā€™s important for my direct client as well as their clients.

So for now I might look into UE4. Still, Iā€™ll check back on how you guys are doing. Might come back once that is available.
Do you have a very rough idea on the time frame?

Iā€™ll see what I can do with the new machine, once itā€™s arrived.

Thank you again & much luck with the progress!!!

You can have a look at armory 3d .fully integrated in blender and that manage iOS android export also webgl.

Great. Iā€™ll do that!
So under Android the would call up the WebGL version, correct?

No it s called opengl ES. That have some limitations. But not too much if you bake your stuffs and avoid big sized textures. Game engines for low levelā€™s hardware needs a little bit of artifices to achieve good looking renders. As far I remember Armory3d is well done for andro/ios export. You ll have to dig in the forum , because the developer @lubos is not too much in armory for now. But more in armorpaint. He have received some financial help from epic game to develop it

1 Like

Check out Layama. They advertise it will work in blender. Render several 360s in your scene that get processed together and allow one to navigate a space online. https://www.motivacg.com/layama/ Iā€™ve seen an actual project done with this and it looks as good as your panos do.

Another consideration is 360 video hosted on youtube though you have to be careful how fast you move the camera to reduce chance of motion sickness.

1 Like

Zombie alarm, but how are you handling this atm? I just got into learning UE, but Iā€™m not sure if this really makes sense. How much time will I have to put in, how much will I get out - anyway, I canā€™t render animations in Cycles (old hardware), so I have to find a feasible alternative until I can shell out another 5-10.000 bucksā€¦

What @acadgatsu proposed seems very sensible to me instead of trying to find a way to convert hunderds, thousands of assets, since thereā€™s no support for Blender except the USD branch which is stuck at 4.0 Alpha (no idea why anyone would start with an Alpha version). Iā€™ll test send2ue once I know enough, since the inofficial Datasmith addon doesnā€™t seem to get a lot of attention anymore.

Zombies detected!
I also had the need to check for solutions.
These were my findings.

UE
Despite the hype, Lumen and Nanite are not very useful for archiviz demo, since they are super hungry about system resources. Realtime GI in interiors is not that good (and stable) anyway, compared to Cycles stills. So UE is good as far as you rely on ā€œoldā€ technology like pre-rendered (baked) lighting, which is something you can do also inā€¦

GODOT
I absolutely love the lightness of the engine as well as its portability. I find it quite clunky thou, especially the UI, with those unnecessary nested-menu-inside-nested-menuā€¦

Worth a look.

Unigine
very easy to setup. The realtime GI (based on voxels) was not too bad and quite less heavy than UE. Free but with watermark loader screen (not very professional). Also only windows export IIRC.

Flax engine
pretty much a long way lighter version of UE, it features a lighter realtime GI tech (dunno if it can be exported for phoneā€™s GPUs), as well as good old baked GI

1 Like

So you would actually go for Godot?

Check out the work of Passivestar w/ Godot on twitter. He has made some interface templates and posted impressive testing with it. Iā€™m interested in trying but no time.
https://twitter.com/passivestar_

Another thing I tested in the past was twinmotion which had password secured cloud hosting of your scene or guided path of travel included with the license. That would make up for the computer specs but then you may find some limitations in twinmotion. I donā€™t know if the latest version includes lumen in the cloud - that may be nice.

1 Like

Iā€™m also interested in trying Omniverseā€™s ā€œconnectorsā€ which they have their own blender USD branch for. Their ā€œconnectorsā€ are supposed to do a better job of translating shader node graphs intact. As far as I understand you could use it to go from blender to UE instead of the Omniverse USD builder (I forgot the name of their scene builder)

1 Like

OK, so Iā€™ll DEFINITELY look into Godot, given Blender ports well. Passivestarā€™s stuff looks great!

Twinmotion: also looking good, plus " New pricing ahead: Starting in late April, Twinmotion will be free for students, educators, hobbyists, and companies making under $1 million USD in annual revenue." So in May, Iā€™ll get on with it!

I have indeed read about ppl using Omniverse as a converter.

I guess Iā€™ll have to invest a ot of time to find something that really works without abandoning Blender and my thousands of assetsā€¦

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Yes I would, unless (as it was the case back then) the client asks otherwise.

1 Like

My clients never wanted animations, but I want clients who want animations :joy:

1 Like