gameBlender people

I’m 14 (going to be 15 in December)
I have been using Blender for almost 3 years since version 1.5 I believe, back when there was the C-key…and the old Blender CJ’s…way before the Game Engine…

Hi,

I’m 22 and I use the game engine to make walkthroughs of buildings and interactive presentations of objects. I’ve been blending for almost 3 years I think. If I have the time I will certainly look into developing the game engine further, and what’s there is kicking ass!

Wybren van Keulen
Funny Farm

LOL! I’m 19 and I thought I was 1 of the youngest! oh well :frowning:

I love gameBlender. working on sum real kool RPGs (or they would b kool if i could get past the Python scripting stage and if I could work out how to import my characters from Poser into Blender complete with textures!)

There are several import scripts that import textures. For poser, it would make sense to use the OBJIO script. You can find it here:
http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~mein/blender/converters.html
it’s the one that says ‘wavefront import/export’.

I think that mute invert is 12 (maybe he is 13 now)

I’m 239, and probably the oldest real-time blender wannabe-user, blender user and probably (without counting compte du Saint Germain, who it’s me anyway) the oldest person in earth.

Ok, i’m not so old, but i think that blender real-time engine (after some optimization maybe) can be used “seriously” for game development. I would like to run a company around it, but we are still evaluating our chances… . Are there any company shipping commercial products already with the the blender real time engine?

Apart of this, and without forgetting that age usually means experience, the nice thing of on-line communities is that people is not evaluated or prejudged by its age, only by what abiliteis he/she shows. Oh, well, re-reading this posting i don’t show very good abilities… lucky i use a nickname, and could get another if i think that i’ve given a bad image with this… (:

Bandoler!

Yo Bandoler. Yep, I use it commercially. I only finished one project yet, an architectural walkthrough for an architect.

Wybren van Keulen
Funny Farm

just wanted to say
HEY
im 17…
been usin (Game)Blender since…2.11 I believe

well that about it…
oh yeah Im still working on a game but I dont hav much time now that school started :frowning:

thanx wiseman but the problem seems to be that Poser isn’t exporting the object with textures. I use 3D Exploration to view the OBJ objects and convert them into DXFs, but that shows them up as having no textures to begin with.

k so theres lots of young ppl tht use gameBlender but there don’t seem to be many people from my part of the world that use it :frowning:

Any1 else here from th UK?? 8)

1. So young but so full of talent :slight_smile:

14 3/4 acutually cause i’m turning 15 in January

I’ll be 20 on 10 Jan 8)

I’m 18, and have been using blender since version 2.12, that’s about two years i think.

I’m 27
new
and use it at work (trying anyway) :smiley:

well IM 19 going to 20 soon. I tend to make a lot out of blender. Ive been using blender on and off for more than two years. as of now my hands are mostly tied with work, bills, family, Army, pregnant girlfriend, and car trouble. I guess you could say I at the beggining point as a family man I guess. I’m going for a career as a game developer starting with blender since I just joined the army right after I graduated and took going to colledge for granted (specially having the chance to go to one of the greates art colleges in the US in savannah, GA) Ive already made a couple of mistakes at this age but im facing the consequences and struggling through and I want to make it better for me and my family through a good career and as of now i’m putting in so much in to blender. I know Blender is not that ready for use of distribution, but it’s a pretty good start for a carrer, plus I mostly been taking blender to it’s limits and I can tell you that 64MB Gforce4 kicks ass. My specialties im gblender are level and character designing, modeling, and texturing.

cannot remember if I replied or not…

I’m 13 and do lots of web coding but not too much with graphics…

I’m 18 and 26 july I become 19. My school is Grafisch Lyceum rotterdam (graphic lyceum rotterdam) in the Netherlands and in my spairtime I use blender for creating 3D stills, animations and a few weeks ago starting making games. 1,5 years ago I found blender for the first time and when I downloaded en tested I said it’s to difficult for me I can’t make a cube or some 3d, so I deleted Blender. Some months later I saw awesome art and games made with blender and I downloaded it again and searched many tute for it. So days and weeks with 132 pages of blender tutes printed at school (And teachers didn’t know why the printer was all the time out of paper) learning Blender I finally could make some newbie 3D art and I liked it. Later on I used Blender 3 hours a day and and now almost 5 hours when I have much sparetime left. I’ve got much fantasy that’s why people say sometimes when I’m talking about things like science fiction or lord of the rings theme I’m stupid but it’s just some good Fantasy. So thanks to everyone who helped me to reach a skill using blender (thanks to the printer who printed 132 pages of tutes, teachers which filled the printer paper for me and now still don’t know why it was all the time empty :smiley: )

I’m 27 and use Blender for… don’t know… Before C-Key… When the first linux version came out… It’s ages ago, I can hardly remember…
Right now I’m messing around with the game engine and (re-)learning math and python… I hope I can release my first running game in a couple of weeks or something…

You know why I think Blender is so cool? Because people of any age can talk about what all can understand. My school told me they couldn’t allow me to go on an aduld ed. course for visual basic because they couldn’t put it in the ciriculem for me! :x :x :x :x