Gapahuk (2017)

Hi, Guys,
I would like to share with you also my older project from 2017 called Gapahuk (design by Snøhetta).

It was a small cottage in the mountains.
I loved creating the environment as much as the cottage itself.
From the client, I received a photo of the environment and my task was to create a 3D model to fit in.

Later in 2018, I decided to create also the interior and animations.
What do you think about this project?

this was original photo from client:

If you are interested, here is link for video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82pztgotGXM

I forgot to add my favorite render. I played around with a LOT of rocks and also with ice and snow on the path.
I will be glad if you let me know what do you think.

55 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the simplicity. I would love to live in that home.
Amazing work, Janmorek!

Wow. This looks like the best winter archviz! Could you tell more about the best ingredient in this work - Snow?

1. How did you achieved those snow particles on terrace? Texture with mask, particles?

2. How did you made the snow on the roof? Metaballs?

3. Snow material? Did you use displacement?

4. (not about snow ;- ) The glass inside looks fantastic. Can you explain how could you achieve those reflections?

Nice visuals.
Are you working with Snøhetta?

Holy rendering! The visuals are incredible!

1 Like

Excellent work.
Hope for more details about it

Simply beautiful. Great job!

1 Like

Original design by Snøhetta:

1 Like

Yes! It is design by Snøhetta, thanks I have to give them credits. I was just uploading old renders, but the design is simply great! I love it and every time I open this project I want to have my own somewhere in wild nature. I forgot to add my favorite render. I played around with a LOT of rocks and also with ice and snow on the path.

Thank you :smile:

Thanks, it is good to know that people are interested in these types of scenes. I will definitely prepare something, but it will take some time. This was a project from 2017 so I would change a lot now. :smiley: I am now working on another environment scene (but not winter scene), where I am using photo scanned trees and I have to say that there is a huge difference…