"Gateway" First complete piece!

First full piece since I started 3d modeling. I pretty much cut my teeth on this one. learned most of the used techniques on the fly.

Used:
Blender
Photoshop
JSPlacement

~Thanks for the peek!

14 Likes

Welcome to BA :slight_smile: this is an incredibly impressive first piece! How long did it take you? I’d love to see a wireframe or clay render as well

1 Like

Thank you!

Time wise I’d say close to a week real time over the span of a few/several months. Here is the primitives in the layout screen (with a few volumes hidden). nothing fancy mostly displacement work using height maps. Pretty much hand built every material (except the height maps used JSPlacement). I used a mercury height map in the public domain, used an image of clouds that I turned into a height map and rendered as a volume with a principled bsdf as well got it to look like a dust storm. Lightning in the storm was just hand painted in photoshop.

HOLY CRAP I think I forgot how to use a forum!!! (edits) hangs head

1 Like

Wow that’s pretty good for your first project. Like you, I like to learn as I go and dive right in when I can. A space scene seems like a fun thing to work on. Nice work!

1 Like

Thank you! Appreciate the love!

Yeah I have other “doodles” if you will in blender, but nothing that constitutes a finished piece of work.

I started with space because I thought it would be easy… WRONG! lol. That’s ok its about the journey I suppose…ha. ha…

2 Likes

Fanastic! I would watch any movie that had this as a promo.

2 Likes

Wow Thank you very much! :blush:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Holy cow…thank you!!! :melting_face::upside_down_face::grin:

1 Like