I’m working on a simple game for one of my beginning projects. I know how to some basic things work, but I just can’t figure this out. I wanted to know how to create animations outside of actions? I have basically what I want to do listed, and I’ve figured out how to do about half at the moment.
- Timer starts, Player and Rival now movable.
- Player is near Rival. The Rival panics and User can see visible movement, but he doesn’t move.
- Player touches Rival. Rival runs opposite direction being chased, and can run into walls, but not go through them.
- Player touches Rival and uses “kick” action and receives an “egg”. Rival goes flying off screen, hits the ground, disappears, and regenerates in a new place.
- Timer ends. Player transferred to new scene and number of “eggs” saved.
I’ve managed to have my Player and Rival both use Actions and sensors for each other. They both animate based on stationary moves and with each other, but besides that I’m stuck.
I would like my Rival to move away from Player when he’s “touched” or near, but I can’t make him run away. Also, I can’t figure out how to make him physically be kicked by the player (so he goes flying off the screen), disappears, or regenerate within a certain area. I plan on duplicating the Rival and also the use of a timer that will send the Player into a new scene if that makes a difference. ^_^; I’m not familiar with Python…
So any suggestions? Or does anyone know of any good tutorials I can view to help me expand my knowledge?