GE XM214 Minigun a.k.a Death Machine

Ok, so after purchasing the longly anticipated Call of Duty:Black Ops, I was inspired to recreate the GE XM214 Minigun, a.k.a the Death Machine in the game. I could have started this thread earlier, showing more progress, however, it didn’t come to my mind. There are also a few renders with a test material, which should be less reflective imho.

I’m trying to get it as accurate as possible to the real thing, but since there aren’t many photos of it, it was mainly guess work by looking at a photo, and guessing where things went. Worked well so far, however, I’m trying to think of a way to model the right side of the model. Right now, its missing a barrel thingy at its right, so thats one thing remaining. Another thing to model would be the bullets (duh!), then the model will be complete.

CC welcome.

Ok, so I consider the modelling part of the weapon complete. Now I have everything else to do, such as bullets and lighting etc.

Hope to keep regular updates.

hmmm… looks quite good. i modeled one a couple of years ago, but then got distracted and… ja.

one little critique is that the barrels (refer to lowest image) don’t go deeper than the first lock. i don’t know how you could counter this other than a Boolean, however, that would give you a rather irregular mesh.

the other thing is that you would need a feed somewhere near the top for inserting the bullets

otherwise, however, it looks spot on.

(facepalm) YES, how could i forget the bullet intake part? :frowning:

anyway, thats easy to add, just a few extrudes, and all done. About the barrel not going through the first lock, i’m aware of that, and i want to avoid using booleans, since the resulting mesh is horrid. I’ll maybe just try to keep it out of any renders from now on.

Thanks

Is the “death machine” also called the dillion or vulcan minigun? Sorry, I don’t play call of duty.

yep, its a.k.a the vulcan minigun. You dont need to play CoD for this. It was in Predator, Terminator 2, and probably in many other movies as well.

slightest update, added a cable from the trigger to the something.

About the barrel not going through the first lock, i’m aware of that, and i want to avoid using booleans, since the resulting mesh is horrid. I’ll maybe just try to keep it out of any renders from now on.

lol, i’d do the exact same thing quite honestly (: looking awesome though

kay, quick update before I’m off to bed. Added another wire and bullet intake thing.