Gear script fully ported to 2.50 alpha 0

I’m using 2.5.4.0 r 31878.

I add a gear, but I see no way to alter any gear properties. It just appears, like any other mesh object. No special options related to gears are on the Tool Shelf.

Aha, I do see Tool Shelf properties for a gear if I add a worm gear. But not the other kind of gear.

hi,
this is fixed in recent svn builds.
tested rev: 32261

Gear script is broken again! rev 34403.

Probably needs this patch to be applied.

this script needs a maintainer or blender script devs will be removing it from blender.
not without protest from me.

is there a new revised add on script available ?

thanks

The gear script has been fixed in all latest versions of SVN but as Meta-androcto said, unless it gets a maintainer soon, it will be moved from Release.

Brrr… I just found the script today and would be very sad if it disappeared.

Not lost. I just used it to work on a script, very handy.

However, I think I have a fix, update for it, but would have to reverse engineer from what I did to get it to work with gears… if anyone cares. Basically fixed the worm gear but that was because I hated the way it distributed “teeth”… reversed for my use to make Corinthian columns :slight_smile:

There is hope, just need to get scripts together and update for bf-extensions.

not lost at all, it’s in the add_mesh_extra_objects folder/script/menu now.
it will be looked after. :slight_smile:

i have 36699 built and don’t see this folder

in which version and where do you find this folder ?

thanks

I’m running 2.57.1 (official update release) - check blender2.57/2.57/scripts/addons/add_mesh_extra_objects. Under trunk folder if you’re getting scripts from SVN. Enable “Add Mesh: Extra Objects” in Add-Ons tab in user preferences to access. Note SVN is updated since 2.57.1 package.

where is this “Add Mesh: Extra Objects” thing in add ons tab?

also is there a special folder for this ?
and 699 is an upated version for 2.57 serie
but it is not a trunk built !
it’s with yafaray luxrender

unless trunk built is required for this new things!

thanks

thanls

Sounds like you’re using a separate branch but that shouldn’t (I hope) affect the python scripts. Your working directory for Blender should have 2.57/scripts/addons/add_mesh_extra_objects, and 2.57/scripts/addons/add_mesh_extras.py - if you don’t have them you’ll need to retrieve from svn and “install” (copy to addons folder). Then you can enable under user preferences (standard procedure for blender scripts).

got his does it make sense?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140948[/ATTACH]

and dont’ see this new folder !
as i said this is special built for yafaray and lux render
so may not contains this yet

but if i get another version after that one
may be will be included

thanks

how to make a worm gear with some thickness for the theeht ?

and is it possible in 2.5 or only in 2.49?

i treid in 2.49 but when yous cale along main axis the theeth thickness becomes to thin it’s not really good looking

any suggestions?

thanks

thanks

script doesn’t work!

What’s not working. Tried it in 2.62 that’s just been released.

Attachments

give me pls this script. I have SyntaxError :confused: with this https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-extensions/trunk/py/scripts/addons/add_mesh_extra_objects/add_mesh_gears.py

Just enable the Extra Objects addon (comes with blender) http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Add_Mesh/Add_Extra (see post 30 above)