Geek - Week 2 of Blender52 2024

And here’s Week 2 done and dusted. Working on this scene has allowed me to learn (and sometimes re-learn) so much about the process. It’s incredible to see how starting from just a bunch of cubes can end up into this: shapes, colours, concepts. I am amazed at each click or swipe of my pen, and not afraid to say I am proud of the result. One million and one things could have been done differently, but I do accept the road to the “1% better” never stops, so I welcome all the great learnings and teachings I will gather in the future. Also, I would like to give a shoutout to @BigBamboo for allowing me to use his image of the starred night after a series of jokes on his post I'd Rather be Sleeping - #4 by Luxx_pa. Thank you! And for you all, I hope you like the result :hugs:

And the video:

January 2024 - Luxx_pa_3d

7 Likes

It’s embarrassing to say this is so retro, since so much of it is from my childhood. And the amount of detail you put into this is awesome. The chair, the lamp, the computer, the colors, all of it is done so well. It is also an honor to be included in your art. Thank you for including me.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the love, and once again for allowing me to use your art to make my scene the way I imagined it. Yeah, with a bit more time I would have added so many more elements from the 80s (my first drawn sketch also had a Marshmallow Man on top of the Macintosh), but I am glad what I added managed to send you down memory lane :hugs:

An original Macintohs and a Lava Lamp? Now that’s my kind of geek! :smiley:

Nicely done. Yeah, “CG is magic!”

1 Like

Although if you manage to spot it on the cover of the magazine he’s reading, it’s a “Geekintosh”… you never know the big corporation might send me a cease or desist and make me remove the image if I called it with its true name :rofl:

Thank you for your appreciation on this, I surely had fun with “the magic” :hugs:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you for the tag, Bart. I appreciate you taking the time to select my entry :smiley: And of course it’s always great to receive this much love at the end of a busy week.

1 Like