Geely Emgrand 7 Facelift Concept

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Here is a side view mirror idea for a facelift concept.
I’ll post here some intermediate renders of creation process soon.

1 Like

Some intermediate renders and shapes:

1 Like

I just wanted to say you did an amazing job on this, it looks awesome!

Thank you! Really appreciate it!

Currently I’m working on a new interior design. Now I understand what designers in automotive companies are paid for :slight_smile:
It turned out that it’s not that easy))
But hope there will be something interesting to show soon!

Hello,

So, after some delay I had a chance to continue working on an interior concept.
As I mentioned earlier, creation of a brand new interior is very challenging and requires a lot of preparations.

There were a lot of ideas of what the interior should look like. I started with this rough sketch:

The interior may be pretty enough, but if it is created without consideration of a human anatomy, it is then completely useless :slight_smile:
So, I created several helper objects and now they are having a rest in seats ))

This step also helped me to get why some elements in the original model were designed in the way as they were.

1 Like

Before start modelling I decided that the new interior:

• should have HUD display
  • should have LCD dashboard
  • should have big multimedia screen with all functional elements on it (touch-screen)
  • should have a climate control system dashboard with hardware buttons and without twisters
  • a vehicle is expected to have automatic transmission or be fully electrical. It allows to get rid of huge handles on a central console.
  • a parking brake should be electrical. It allows to avoid using a stick on a central console and to save a space for other things.
  • should always have multimedia buttons on a steering wheel (in any package or tier)
  • a space on a central console near driver knee (which is usually unused and simply covered by plastic) should be used as much as possible.
  • should use LED-strips for backlight (if possible)
  • should be adapted for at least three zone climate control
  • front doors pockets should be able to hold 1.5L plastic bottles.
  • … and may be something else :slight_smile:

So, I started modelling from creating spline shapes and covering them with polygons. Very soon I realized, that Blender grease pencil is much more convenient for quick rough sketches)

Here what I had after some modelling:

As for me, the idea of such element placing, asymmetry, ventilation grilles, dual dashboard for LCD display and information lights, etc was interesting. But at the same time it seemed to me that it was a design from 90th with all that angular shapes :))

I stopped working on that design and decided to create something else. As I like aviation, I wanted to bring some ideas and shapes from that sphere.

1 Like

Here are screenshots and first renders of the new design:

The project is not finished yet, but there are already a lot of screenshots and renders that I want to share with you.

Hope you like it.

More coming soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow!! Amazing work! Hats off! I have nothing but praise for you. I am making a car myself and can say without any hesitation that your work is much better than mine. Could you share the wireframes of the inner part of your headlight? I am making mine and am in need of inspiration =)

Thank you!
As for headlights, there is nothing very special. Some surfaces were created in mesh, some in texture. There are different layers of plastic, glass and metal, here are some of them:

Hope it will help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

So here is next bunch of render previews.
The changes between some renders may be not so noticeable, but hope it shows a dynamic of form evolution.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your headlight wireframe, it was enlightening for me! As for your last renders of the interior, I am speechless by the quality of the textures! wow!

You are welcome! I’m glad that it was helpful to you! :slight_smile:
As for materials, most of them were placeholders for future ones. Actually, colours and material combinations in the original model were pretty enough and I decided to use them in a facelift concept as well. So, in next bundles of renders there will be original materials.

Here is a new bunch of renders.
Decided to combine Start/Stop button with gear selector.

More coming soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adding details… Some are not so noticeable from this point of view.

Hello guy,

If I understand correctly, you made the first car for your studies, very good job, I see a lot of people who don’t have the third of your skill after five years of studies.

So, personally I work for the car industry, especially foroffice methods of headlamps. Your concept is strong, the concept can be industrialized, not a lot of modifications of the design (without be careful of the cost). I just tell you a quick advice, thinks about a part who can be injected in orange plastic for the US standards in the extremities of the headlamps (just tell you that because I see you want make a very serious work).

For the interior, bravo. I know how it’s hard to design a complet interior, and you use the good way, use the greace pencil and choose geometry before details.

Excellent work. But you surprise me for one point, you apply your subsurf? Or you keep your model in an another layer without apply your modifiers and Boolean details?

Continue and finish your project. Very strong for representing your skill level. I’m waiting for the large final view of the interior and 3/4 side view of the exterior !

Hello!

Yes, it’s my first concept. Before this I usually reproduced already existed cars, planes, engines etc.

So, personally I work for the car industry, especially foroffice methods of headlamps. Your concept is strong, the concept can be industrialized, not a lot of modifications of the design (without be careful of the cost).

It’s the first time I’ve received a feedback from a man of the car industry! Thank you!

I just tell you a quick advice, thinks about a part who can be injected in orange plastic for the US standards in the extremities of the headlamps.

Initially I planned to embed yellow reflectors into front bumper along arches. But now I see it is possible to add them directly to headlamps with minimum modification.

But you surprise me for one point, you apply your subsurf? Or you keep your model in an another layer without apply your modifiers and Boolean details?

I rarely apply modifiers. Such approach gives more flexibility. For example, if I need to make a close up render, I simply rise a level of subdivision (though subdivision level 2 is the most convenient in nearly all cases). As for boolean modifier, I usually keep boolean objects in a separate layer, but do not apply the modifier if possible. It allows me to keep a clean mesh. Here is my usual workflow with booleans:

Continue and finish your project. Very strong for representing your skill level. I’m waiting for the large final view of the interior and 3/4 side view of the exterior !

Hope there will be enough free time to accomplish the project before the New Year :slight_smile:
So, thank you for you extensive feedback once again!

And here is one of recent interior renders:

1 Like

Didn’t expect that a central console may be so difficult to design.
There were several variants, but I was not satisfied with either of them.

A current variant seems to be more interesting. There is a possibility to add 1 din or 2 din peripherals.
Since there is no handles or parking brakes on the console, there are big compartments for different things: one is open and easy to reach, another one is under armrest.

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome. When it comes the mirrors I actually like simple ones better, because they are cheaper to replace and collect less snow and ice.

Thank you for the reply! But could you please give an example of such simple mirrors?
Actually, original side mirrors are nearly the same except mirror contour and folding axis.
In my case, the only issue with mirrors is too short top border which does not cover the mirror enough when it rains.
As for snow and ice it was always OK.