Geely Emgrand 7 Facelift Concept

There are still a lot of things left to do but the model is very close to its final shape.

1 Like

a lot of things? damn you‘re crazy:D this looks so damn good:O The amount of details you put into your work is just amazing! the only thing that i am not loving atm is the purple in the UI of the car next to the blue but i guess thats just personal preference

Thank you, LioKon!
As for purple color, I’m still experimenting with it. Currently I’m considering blue-purple and blue-green combinations. Maybe the second variant will be used in the end.

How about something with less colours in general? to me that seems more appropriate when going for a modern design:D something like on the tesla UIs

Oh, thank you for the ideas!
I agree that colors are slightly oversaturated. Actually, screens backlight is too bright as well.
After I had partially reduced saturation and brightness, it got more natural look.
As always it’s hard to decide on what color scheme to chose when you have several interesting variants :slight_smile:

Started a “detailing” stage, i.e. adding more subtle details.
First I realized that some USB ports are needed. I paid some more attention to this part as I want to use such ports in other projects.

But as it can be used in plenty of places, I decided to share the .obj of the USB port.

It’s a mid-poly model that can be easily converted to a low-poly one.
Here is a download link: https://goo.gl/3B42iZ

1 Like

After some experiments it seems that dark metal color scheme for UI is better.

Here is yet another quick (100 samples) intermediate render.

The nearest To-Do list:

• revise a front part of the plastic door panel (with woofer cover)
  • fix texture issues
  • revise ceiling lamps
  • revise front panel side parts
  • add temperature controls and seat heat buttons for rear passengers
  • finish side vents
  • revise multimedia part of UI
  • something else… :slight_smile:
1 Like

Much better now :smiley: looking forward to the finished project

Experiments with interior lighting.

1 Like

Whoa, man! That’s stunning. Especially the cup holder area, feels so cozy. And the details are amazing as always. I have a question if you don’t mind my asking.

I see that the USB port is not all quads. Is it something not required when doing non-animating objects and non Sub-D modeling? Can you please explain in short when we can get away with non-quad topology?

I usually try to use quad topology, especially with subdivision (subsurf) modifier. In this particular case the usb port is relatively small part and I didn’t want to have too dense mesh. On the other hand I wanted to recreate some small visible details so I decided to use a low-poly technique instead. I often combine low-(mid-) poly objects w/o subdivision with high-poly objects with subsurf modifiers.

As for low-poly techniques, a polygon count usually matters and I have a habit to reduce it where possible or reasonable. While doing this triangles often appears. It’s not a problem if the model is not planned to be subsurfed.

So, I try to use quad topology when I plan to use (or already use) a subsurf modifier while working on some object. It gives a good smooth shape. But if a subdivision is not considered, than triangles, quads, n-gons are all acceptable.

P.S. All these are only my personal thoughts. There may be better solutions, I’m just learning :slight_smile:

Yet another intermediate render

1 Like

Thanks for the useful tip and info, Pilot. The last render is just stunning.

So, here’s the first interior render from the final render series.
I decided to move a glasses holder away from the overhead console and place there a set of switchers instead. As a glasses holder is a useful gadget, it was preserved and moved to an unused place on the ceiling.

1 Like

Just saw you’re upload on artstation, you did an amazing job!

Thank you! :slight_smile:
Yes, I upload my works on artstation too: https://roman-volkov.artstation.com/

1 Like

A new render

2 Likes

Yet another render :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s a thing of beauty mate, the first time ever looked at a headlamp and thought “wow” :smiley: Can you post some wireframes for the interior, always love looking at a good wireframe. :slight_smile:

At this level of professionnalisme, you are making it really hard for us to find any flaws :zipper_mouth_face:

I just want to say that this is not just a simple project, but a true inspiration to a lot of people out there, the attention to detail is just unbeleivable… :open_mouth:

I would really love to see a timelaps of you just working and doing your magic. I could learn a ton from you man :star_struck: