Geely Emgrand EC7 RV

Interesting. I haven’t done much with it yet, but I thought Filmic Blender wasn’t a render feature but helped you make more accurate color choices while texturing. Did you have to re-texture objects in order to switch in and out of Filmic Blender or did you just turn it on and off the Color Management?

The photorealism is … IMPRESSIVE.
I’d be curious to see a wireframe as it seem so professional. (Just seen it…FANTASTIC)

Fantastic work 5*

Holy ******

No additional actions with textures are required after switching on and off the Filmic Blender. Rather you may want to adjust a brightness of an environment or lamps.

Back headrests modelling log (control measurements are on the first image):

Thank you very much for sharing the seat node setup !!

Your work is amazing. Thank you for sharing.

Yet another bunch:

I’ve modeled a fair few cars in other programs, but this project is just insane, the attention to detail is first class and the texturing and renders are superb. I don’t really use Blender although I teach it, but this work of yours proves how capable the software is when used by someone who knows what they want out of it. I have to be honest and admit the renders are amazing, some of them may as well be photos, someone else mentioned that even pro renders for car companies don’t get any better than these and they’re right. This work is jaw dropping on every level.

Hands down for that result, your effort and perseverance. This should be an example what can be made in Blender in comparison to commercial software.

Thank you all for your feedbacks! It really motivates to continue working on current projects, especially after a long (and sometimes hard) working day!

Here is a front seats modelling log:

HM Aweosme… Tho is it rigged? Can you show us some useful animations?

Wow the amount of details :eek:
Can you share some of the shaders like the plastic?

The ONLY reason I can tell this is CGI is simply because a few of the images have stretchy backgrounds. (but who cares, the model is the focal point anyway)
…a) I bet this took a great deal of time, but 2) as a hobbyist myself, this has a professional feel that I’m still striving to attain…so, great work.

I mostly used simple parenting and constraints. For instance, front seats (with its backrests and headrests), back seats central armrest and backrests, front wheels (with brakes), sunroof shield, side doors etc don’t need a special rig.
For some elements shape keys are very useful ( for such element as a trunk floor, where one part should slightly rise when one of rear backrests folds)
The most interesting part from rigging point of view is a rear door as when it rises up it pulls a trunk shelf as well. But it pulls the shelf not immediately, but after reaching some angle. Also each door has a rubber isolator (pipe) for electric wires which bends when the door moves. This moment was recreated with curve-deform modifier.
As for a video or series of gif-animations about all these - who knows, may be I will create them as well.

There is nothing special in those plastic materials, except procedural bump textures (like leather pattern).
These links were very useful for me:
http://www.chocofur.com/chocofur-blender-cycles-glossy-shaders-and-materials.html (for basic node setup)
http://www.chocofur.com/realistic-shaders-materials-tutorial-in-blender-and-cycles.html
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?278285-Yet-Another-Thread-about-Cycles-Materials/page4

And here is a new bunch of screenshots that were taken while modelling.

This is the best blender car model i’ve ever saw. Period. Attention to detail, surface continuity even when seams occur…flawless, perfect, amazing! I just cannot understand why you do not work in the CG industry, and do this for a hobby having skills like that, it is nearly bugging me honestly…

Wow… impressive work! Congratulations!

It’s a good question =) I strive to constantly develop my skills and I assume that working in this industry may be a logical continuation.

Here is a new pack of screenshots:

I saw this great free tutorial on CGmaster last week, perhaps it can help you as well. Its about avoiding pinching in the meshes and especially panels of cars.

Thank you! It’s really helpful! I will revise some aspects of my workflow according to these tips.

Yeah is super cool how slick that panel looks, its a bit more work but the outcome is so much nicer.