General FAQ and How to win the Contest

Hi Blender Artists,

Some of you may already have a bunch of good characters, and are eager to find out how to win the contest and take home the prizes. So we provide two video messages from our 2024 contest judges, Pablo Munoz Gomez and Martin Klekner for your reference. To further help, we also handpicked a few frequently asked questions to back you up. Feel free to take some time to review it before you start creating!

blenderartist-1080x1080-faq&tips

Meet Pablo Munoz Gomez
Pablo is an esteemed concept and character artist renowned for his work in both 3D and traditional media. As the founder of ZBrush Guides and 3D Concept Artist, he is steeped in visual development and sculpting. Pablo is also an instructor at The Extra Mile course and has curated numerous ZBrush training resources over the years.
Message from Pablo

Meet Martin Klekner
Martin is a cinematic director and CG artist hailing from Prague, Czech Republic, bringing a wealth of expertise to the table. Specializing in Blender, Martin is a distinguished instructor at CGBoost. He also spearheads the ongoing project “Heroes of Bronze”, aiming to craft a narrative universe inspired by ancient Greece.
Message from Martin

Frequently Asked Questions

• Q: When is the contest submission deadline?
    A: Please complete your submission on our website before September 1st, 2024 PST Time.

• Q: How can we apply for the 3-month software?
    A: Complete the Google Form Application, which you can find it at our Contest Home Page.

• Q: How do I know if I am selected for the 3-month software?
    A: We will only notify the selected applicants within 5 working days via email. If you have not received the confirmation email, which means you are not admitted to this program. So make sure you attach your best portfolio link when applying.

• Q: Can I participate in the contest without using Reallusion’s Character Creator base (CC3+ / CC Base)?
    A:Yes, but then you are required to pose the character with Reallusion AccuRIG, and fine tune the facial and body before submitting. Please check our Contest Rules Page.

• Q: Can I participate in more than one category?
    A: Yes, but you can only submit one character per category, and the submitted character cannot also participate in a different category.

• Q: Are we free to use any external renderer for the final submission? (eg: Vray/Maya/Unreal…etc)
    A: Yes. You can use your best render, no need to limit it in iClone or Character Creator.

*This thread will be randomly updated if we feel we need to, and please free to ask questions under this thread, so we can quickly answer you and help your submission.

May the best win and good luck to all!

Reallusion Team